Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stopped at the checkpoint...

RexRathburn
    I was stopped at the checkpoint on my way back from Hidden Shores (I8 west) this weekend and the drug sniffing dog starts licking the gas door on my truck. I ask the officer if the dog likes diesel and he says, "no, when is the last time you smoked?". I say never because I don't smoke (anything) and he asked me if any of my friends do and did any of them touch the gas door on the truck. None of my friends do. I say no and he lets me by. I thought that was pretty strange. :idea:
    I bought my truck used from a dealership. The truck has been washed a few times since I bought it. Is there any way that the previous owner could have been a pot smoker and the smell is still on the gas door?

phuggit
    Probably not, but the tweeker stealing gas from your truck was.

Keithb87
    Not likely. Those dogs are usually trained to sit when they smell drugs. Did you touch the truck after eating a Ham Sandwich?? :2purples:
    If the dog was liking your gas cap, he was not likely finding drugs..... :wink:

RexRathburn
    Probably not, but the tweeker stealing gas from your truck was.
    Ha ha...that was my first thought, but I wasn't low.
    Did you touch the truck after eating a Ham Sandwich??
    Maybe it was the ham sandwich! :jawdrop:

REGUL8R
    The previous owner probably stashed his dope there all the time in case he got pulled over.

clownpuncher
    Not likely. Those dogs are usually trained to sit when they smell drugs. Did you touch the truck after eating a Ham Sandwich?? :2purples:
    If the dog was liking your gas cap, he was not likely finding drugs..... :wink:
    For obvious reasons, Explosives detection dogs are always trained in the passive, or sit, alert.
    Narcotics dogs are usually trained (99 out of 100 dogs, if not more) with an aggresive alert, meaning a lot of scratching and chewing at the source of the scent.

Dr. Eagle
    The previous owner probably stashed his dope there all the time in case he got pulled over.
    That or the dreadlocks and bob marley bumper sticker got their attention... :supp:

Ziggy
    There are good things the Border Patrol do but sometimes I feel they overstep their boundries or try to intimidate.
    One time I was stopped at the SanClemente check when I had an employee with me...The employeee was of American-Indian and Mexican decent. They pulled him out and gave us both the 3rd degree, repeatedly asking the same questions. Duh, same answer guys, I ain't no smuggler
    After about 20 minutes and proper I.D.'s shown they reluctantly let us go...I felt like shit after that, fuggin felt like I was common criminal and gave me much more sympathy toward what some of those folks endure because of their appearance.
    And No, I don't support the drivers license idea.

RexRathburn
    That or the dreadlocks and bob marley bumper sticker got their attention... :supp:
    I do have a Trident Custom Boats sticker on the back!! :wink:

Dr. Eagle
    I do have a Trident Custom Boats sticker on the back!! :wink:
    AHA! We've found the culprit! LOL......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast