As some of you know the old Lavey sits with a bent prop, it still runs with no vibration but the prop is slowing the boat down. I talked to a board member who knows alot about my boat and props, he told me to go with a 11"x15" or 11.25"x15" two blade of course. But said to get some more advice about the trailing edge and the different cuts, because there is more to props than just pitch and diameter. Can anyone recommend a prop cut/edge? that would work well? Right now the boat has a mild built 390 FE but this winter, or as soon as the cash is available it will be getting a 390 stroked to a 445ci or 449ci (depending what bore size I go with) estimated 500hp + an additional 125 shot of nitrous, I would estimate 500hp all motor or 600hp w/ spray (turn key on pump gas). I would like to get the boat into the mid-high 80s, without hurting the hole shot. As far as I know the gear is a 18% it is the original top loader that came with the boat. I will be looking more into the box to find out exactly what gear it is before buying a prop. I would like to keep it around 18-20% I am not going for a speed record, just a fun lake toy.
Thanks for reading and for any help you can provide.