Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ford valves??

Brendella
    I have a new problem. The valves that are in my heads are 2.08 from what b. alaemeda said and that these are not the correct vavles for my heads.my engine shop had a problem finding one with stems that have the retainer cuts high enough.
    i thought that ford d3ve a2a had 2.19 intake vavles.my question is was any heads fitted with 2.08 or did someone mess up big time.
    George at clay smith recommened some manley pro flo 2.19int. but want to make sure they are not to big. any comments greatly appreciated.
    Brian

77charger
    I think that the cobra jet heads had the 2.19 valves i'll check in my garage what stock dove heads have since i have a spare set in my garage.i think they are 2.08s let me check

UtlGoa
    Cobra jet heads have 2.24

77charger
    my stock dove have 2.08 intake valves on them.

UtlGoa
    wish I would of known some one was looking for some dove heads. I sold a set for $100.00 bucks with a performer manifold

77charger
    Mine are personal spares and are not for SALE.They only cost me 20.00 too at the local ecology auto wrecking.I needed a short block saw the heads grabbed them too and bought a long block for 20.00 more.Might need them someday.

UtlGoa
    I was just tired of them sitting around my garage so I sold them to some kid who was working on his truck. Let me ask you guys this. I have a set of Nicson exhaust manifolds on my boat. Do you think these will flow enough for cj heads?

Brendella, The answer to your orig. question is the 2.19" intake is about as large a valve as you can go without wasting your time. Anything larger will be too big for the intake tract to support for an engine that is naturally asperated. The exhaust is another story, anything that is done will be an improvement. Try for a 1.8+" exhaust valve and the usual port work and at least a 2.25" header tube into a 3.5" collector 12-14" in length. The 2.08-09" intake are stock size valves, all pass. heads have this valve except P.I. [2.19"] SCJs and CJs [2.24"]

Hallett19
    Hey Brendella, you are in Glendale?? I go to Ben's quite often. When do you ever go ?

Brendella
    Hey guys thanks for the info,and i feel a little more confident with your response. i think I will have him punch them out to 2.19's and as for the exhuast what are a good size to have punch out.
    hallet 19 I go to Ben anytime I have a tech. question on my ford motor. He always have been very usefull to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast