Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Flywheel or Flexplate

Moneypitt
    This thread was about as long and opinuated as the last one on this subject. What fun......Some good point, some bad points and some with no points at all......but everyone has their idea of what works best, what HAS worked best for them and what they will recomend to others as BEST......If we all wanted the same items on or boats/motors there would probably be a shortage, and the costs would be even more than we pay now. Anyway, everyone have a safe and sane New Years, keep the wet side down....MP

Klass Klown
    So with that being said I suppose your rotating assy. is the lightest you could make it as well??? And as far as getting a boat airborne I dont think any boat, motor, outdrive, pump,v-drive, or whatever form of propulsion (unless it has wing's) was designed to take that form of abuse.. And yes I have been down the liquid 1/4 mile in 7+ secs. 8secs. 9secs and 10 I have also been known to Hang out with the bestHA HA HALmao And I am the Klass Klown not the class bully LOL LOL LOL :220v:
    Who is this guy?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    In a Jet Boat you will destroy a impeller with a heavy Flywheel, because you can not slow the rpms quick enough, 396 has a perfect example of that somewhere. By loading and unloading hard at high rpm, 5500 and above they will crack and break.
    Amen!!! Been there and done that! Destroyed 2 impellers due to airing it out.......

SmokinLowriderSS
    Amen!!! Been there and done that! Destroyed 2 impellers due to airing it out.......
    Just quit usin' that cheaper white metal 396. Nice, strong, shiny silver Stainless Steel the way to go. No more breakages. (no more boating either 'cause all the gas $$$ went into the $950 impeller :cry: )

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Just quit usin' that cheaper white metal 396. Nice, strong, shiny silver Stainless Steel the way to go. No more breakages. (no more boating either 'cause all the gas $$$ went into the $950 impeller :cry: )
    Thats the plan up my sleeve :cry: :cry: :cry:

Taylorman
    How about letting off the gas in the air. Little cheaper in my opinion.

SmokinLowriderSS
    How about letting off the gas in the air. Little cheaper in my opinion.
    That's why I learned to pedal my 454, so as to not blow up my 'luminum. :rollside: :rollside:
    The new HP this year and next tho demand steel, the budget demands Mag-Bronze, the budget won. :cry:

Squirtin Thunder
    That's why I learned to pedal my 454, so as to not blow up my 'luminum. :rollside: :rollside:
    The new HP this year and next tho demand steel, the budget demands Mag-Bronze, the budget won. :cry:
    How much power do you have ???

Taylorman
    Ive seen broken bronze impellers also from not pedaling.

Squirtin Thunder
    I will be running a A3 aluminum all season @ no more than 5500rpms.
    You can buy 4.285 Aluminum impellers for the price of one Stainless.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast