Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Flywheel or Flexplate

Taylorman
    I will be running a A3 aluminum all season @ no more than 5500rpms.
    You can buy 4.285 Aluminum impellers for the price of one Stainless.
    What brand A3?
    What is 4.285 aluminum?

SmokinLowriderSS
    How much power do you have ???
    Thius summer, with the thru-transom headers, I should pull 400HP without the Sniper nitrous plate (replaces the 75HP MMM setup from '79), another 100-150HP. Next year's porting on my heads (BBC open chamber '049's) with valve up-size should net me clost to 500 HP total according to the head shop that does DuaneHTP's. The nitrous will then drop to 100 (if not already there) and stay there. Close to 600 HP total by spring '07. My budget won't let me do stuff all at once.

SmokinLowriderSS
    And I don't plan to forget how to pedal her when necissary.
    Hmmmmm Somehow that just doesn't look, or read, quite as "right" as it sounds .........

wsuwrhr
    What brand A3?
    What is 4.285 aluminum?
    I am guessing there are 4.285 aluminum impellers in the cost of 1 stainless impeller.
    Brian

Taylorman
    I am guessing there are 4.285 aluminum impellers in the cost of 1 stainless impeller.
    Brian
    How do you fit 4.285 impellers in a jet drive?

How do you fit 4.285 impellers in a jet drive?
    Now your talking a multi-stage pump impeller.
    [QUOTE=SQUIRTIN THUNDER]You can buy 4.285 Aluminum impellers for the price of one Stainless.
    Jim, who want's the head ache, of changing out impellers on their boat, or pulling it apart to check it out. It's like point's ign vs Electronic ign, you want to change points every 10,000 miles or not. Just some perspective, I pitty the people who break because of lack of proper maintance, and go out beating the crap out of things. Aluminum. Bronze, and Stainless all have their places.
    Sleek

MACHINEHEAD
    Once the flywheel sucks the power from your engine, it has to be decellerated to release it. Sounds counter productive in a boat.
    Oh yea its a flexplate!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    How about letting off the gas in the air. Little cheaper in my opinion.
    I did that but when you load the pump again is when it tears up parts.....

Squirtin Thunder
    What brand A3?
    What is 4.285 aluminum?
    Berkeley
    4.285 aluminum impellers for the price of one stainless.

Squirtin Thunder
    Now your talking a multi-stage pump impeller.
    [QUOTE=SQUIRTIN THUNDER]You can buy 4.285 Aluminum impellers for the price of one Stainless.
    Jim, who want's the head ache, of changing out impellers on their boat, or pulling it apart to check it out. It's like point's ign vs Electronic ign, you want to change points every 10,000 miles or not. Just some perspective, I pitty the people who break because of lack of proper maintance, and go out beating the crap out of things. Aluminum. Bronze, and Stainless all have their places.
    Sleek
    I don't have a set back pump it takes about 1.5hrs to change the impeller. But I am very curious to see if the impeller has cav burns or the suction housing or anything else. I also like to check my thrust bearing, being I put tons of use on the boat. Hell I have never went 10K without a tune-up of some sort. I mean When always shooting for optimum performance you have to check and tune. I mean I only have 478K on my stock untouch engine in my truck and it gets better milage today than the day it came off the showroom floor.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast