Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished Pictures

tahitijet
    CBBB was the first outting for our finally finished boat. For those of you that weren't there and had been following the build. here are a few pictuers.
    Thanks everyone for all your help and information along the way.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...120089-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...120088-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...120087-med.JPG
    I had to send my box back to MSD so when that comes back I will enjoy the rest of the summer then send the pump off to be built. But at least it's in the water and finally the end of a 4 year project..

tahitijet
    oh yes.. here is what i started with about 4 years ago, complete with rotted stringers and transom and about 6 paint jobs over the original gelhttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/709myboat-med.jpg

dgie
    Details, more details, what all did you do to it? did you gel or paint it? I had to replace my transom also. Do you have full length stringers or partial? do you have any pics of the work in progress. I will be redoing my stringers also maybe in the fall. your boat looks great

Nucking futs
    Hey T.J.,That boat is really clean.I can tell you put some hard earned money and alot of hours in that thing.Better luck with the rest of the season and hope to see ya on the water.
    Tim

rsoscia
    nice job , boat turned out very nice, did MSD tell you what went bad or a reason why the MSD box quit working, My MSD box went bad , I'm going to buy a new 1 and then send this one back so i can have a spare box.

Jake W
    Tahitijet that 18 Supper Tiger came out really nice and clean.Shoot us a transom pic if you could.I have alot of pics of my Supper Tiger bubble from start to finish but they are not on cds it is as drastic as yours new stringes wood ect but in the end it really pays off.
    Jake :crossx:

rsoscia
    thought it was BOATS= bust out another thousand sucker

tahitijet
    thanks guys. It was a long but fun experiance.
    dgie. I replaced the transom and stringers. while I was at it I extended the stringers to just before the helm. I blueprinted the bottom and set back the pump completely stripped the top and bottom down to original gel shaved the Thru transom exhaust holes and repainted, made a few modifications to the trailer and repainted it as well as adding chrome fenders and diamond plate steps. the boat had no interior when i got it so I built all new wood for the interior and handed it off to a friend in Hanford along with some pictues of HBjets interior to get those done. swapped from a BBO to a BBC, Barry (he is on this list) of Obnoxious racing engines built the motor. The pump is stock right now except for the setback and place diverter, put in new gauges and all new hardware, wiring, plumbing etc.
    I have literally hundred of pictures on CD from various parts of the build. I have some posted on hotboatpics.com in my gallery. If there are any pics in particular you'd like to see let me know I'll see what i can do.
    Nucking futs, it was cool meeting you and your brother and chatting with you guys in the parking lot. My Box is on it's way back to MSD now so hopefully i'll get it back in a few weeks and get back on the water.
    rsoscia. I had all the grounds and main battery ground terminating at 1 bolt in the rail kit. I had used a regular nut on the bolt not thinking to much about it.. the nut vibrated loose and messed up the box. I have since put a lock nut on it but it's to late now...
    Jake I will get a transom shot asap and post it..

flat broke
    Tahiti Jet,
    I was digging around looking for some info and came upon this thread. Give Cyclone a call and get your boat in the mag. It looks 1000 times better than that "stinkfinger" bs that was in there the other month. Plus you have a good story behind it and with the work you've put into it, a nice cap would be a framed ***boat article showcasing your efforts.
    On a side note, you said the boat had 6 paint jobs on it and you brought back the orriginal gel? That is freaking amazing. Did you have the orriginal gel scheme re-shot, or did you actually strip the paint off and bring the old gel back to life?
    Congrats again on the boat, and we look forward to having you out at this years CBBB.
    Chris

wow!
    ive always had a soft spot for a light blue boat!
    good job! looks great!
    todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast