Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Buying Dilemma

Wabash
    I know this isn't a skiing or wakeboarding site but I have read lots of posts on here over the last year or so and have found that some of you guys know what your talking about and respect your knowledge...So your opinions would be appreciated here.
    I am going to buy a new boat, either a Correct Craft Air Nautique 210 Signature Series with no options except perfect pass, tower and ballast, or for about $15K less I can buy a Sanger V210 with all the options. I am just curious what you guys think of the Sanger compared to the Correct Craft. Would the wood in the Sanger scare any of you off? I am leaning towards the Sanger but really don't know anything about them since I am from IL.
    Thanks,
    Wabash.

Troubles No More
    I know this isn't a skiing or wakeboarding site but I have read lots of posts on here over the last year or so and have found that some of you guys know what your talking about and respect your knowledge...So your opinions would be appreciated here.
    I am going to buy a new boat, either a Correct Craft Air Nautique 210 Signature Series with no options except perfect pass, tower and ballast, or for about $15K less I can buy a Sanger V210 with all the options. I am just curious what you guys think of the Sanger compared to the Correct Craft. Would the wood in the Sanger scare any of you off? I am leaning towards the Sanger but really don't know anything about them since I am from IL.
    Thanks,
    Wabash.
    It’s not that you won’t get facts, background information and advise from this forum on ski boats. It’s just not the type of boat they prefer.
    If you are serious about slalom skiing, wakeboarding etc..you will have better luck looking for information on three-event boats at the below web sites……..
    WakeWorld.com
    http://www.wakeworld.com/
    or
    TheMalibuCrew.com
    http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/
    or
    wakesiderides.com
    http://www.wakesiderides.com/
    best of luck

MagicMtnDan
    We'll really like whatever boat you choose if you put a boatload of hotties in thongs on it and post the pics here

Neck Check
    Actually, there is already a thread on wakeworld.com regarding this same issue, not alot of real information though.
    http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1144195728

Wabash
    Ya, I actually saw that thread. I was ready to buy the Correct Craft but then I saw the Sanger. I was looking for people's opinion who might know a little about Sanger's and if they think they are a good boat or not since this sight seems more geared to performance and what not and Sanger used to be a more of a performance builder.
    So all you Sanger Veterans, will that Sanger hold up as long as the Correct Craft or not?
    Any real first hand knowledge about Sanger, wakeworld is filled with kids who don't own boats but are the first to repeat what the latest magazine says.
    Thanks again,
    Wabash

Koz
    I currently own a Sanger, not a wakeboard boat, but an older tunnel hull. They make great boats. Hand made one at a time. Every thing is A+ in my opnion. I think the only knock on them is that there graphics aren't very flashy. But I think thats changing.

BadKachina
    I just did some work on a 210 Sanger last week. The boat seemed really solid to me. Decent rigging, tons of storage and alot of fiberglass for the seats, storage areas. I didn't notice any unfinished wood or cut corners anywhere. I wouldn't have any problem buying that boat if I was into them. The owners brother has the 215 Sanger with enough fat sacks to add about 1k pounds to it. He says it puts out an unbelievable wake, for what it worth. The perfect pass option seems like a really cool idea too, it keeps your speed even in turns. It came with a pretty basic stereo, maybe you can order one with out any stereo and put something nicer in yourself. I put a couple of JL audio subs, JL Audio amps, Clarion deck with a transom remote, Sirius tuner and 3 sets of Clarion mids in it for him and it turned out really nice.

CBLavey
    I owned a Sanger 21TX, (sterndrive) for three years - great boat, solid hull with 16 degrees deadrise at transom. It was much faster and better riding than any other tournament style boat that was available back in 1998. In the long run, I'd guess that the Sanger will be a better investment which will hold more of its value.

Riomouse911
    Sanger makes a very, very good wake/ski boat, Nautique makes a great wake/ski boat. I have ridden behind almost every make of boat for years and I have found both the Sanger and Nautique boats to be an excellent choice. I have owned two Nautiques, one a '91 closed bow Ski that was 20k new and sold for 14k in 2003 with a ton of hours, and I currently own a '04 210 Team. If you are looking for rock solid performance, reliability and outstanding resale value, go with a Nautique. If you want "more bang for the buck" in a reliable boat that'll do what you ask of it, go with the Sanger. But first and foremost, DEMO THE BOATS and see which one you like best. Nothing worse than a 35-55k purchase you're not happy with.

Neck Check
    that's interesting about the rigging, etc. Anyone else here work on boats for a living that can comment on the Sanger?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast