Thread: Tall deck VS Standard Deck.

ghittner
    I just bought a B&M 420 for a tall deck application. I have a standard deck 454. Can anybody tell me if and how this manifold can be milled to fit??? Any machinists out there want to do this for me?

GN2RVR
    call boostpower marine they have the short deck manifold for about 99 bucks . Then you can paint or have it polished

Fiat48
    To make a tall deck into a low deck manifold...you would have to cut .375 off each side. Then you would have to mill the ends some...not sure how much on that.
    Anyway.....you dont want to mess with it.

502 JET
    I just bought a B&M 420 for a tall deck application. I have a standard deck 454. Can anybody tell me if and how this manifold can be milled to fit??? Any machinists out there want to do this for me?
    There may not be enough material left after machining for strength and proper sealing.You would be off selling the tall deck intake and purchasing the one you need or save it for your next build up.Take a look on ebay I have seen them listed before.

ghittner
    I was told approx 400 thous to do the deal and that there was enough material????? Any machinists out there????

ghittner
    99 bucks seem the way to go. I'll call 'em

Fiat48
    You ever try to hold an intake manifold in a mill good enough to cut that much off each side? I have a mill and I wont even mess with it

wsuwrhr
    I was told approx 400 thous to do the deal and that there was enough material????? Any machinists out there????
    No way man, by the time you got it sized right, it would be so thin that it wouldn't seal for shit.
    Chevy parts are a dime a dozen, hell you can even get parts for them at
    K-mart.
    Buy the right manifold, if you are on a budget, look around on ebay or something and pick up a used one. Maybe you can trade for your tall deck setup.
    Brian