Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Major? What Job?

Kilrtoy
    Family Law...you can make 6 figures and get laid by a bunch of disgruntled soon to be ex wives...all at the same time.
    There is a reason they are getting divorced, STAB AND STEER CLEAR QUICKLY

XtrmWakeborder
    What do you guys think about the field of nano technology? My uncle who is some kind of computor contractor "makes 6 figures" is going back to school to get educated on this says its an up and coming field that you can make lots of money.

bigerich
    I think you have to pick a field that you think you might be happy doing, say ten, twenty or thirty years from now. Unless you are willing to have a job you hate? I am a poor person, so what do I know...... But, I am happy.

Kilrtoy
    I think you have to pick a field that you think you might be happy doing, say ten, twenty or thirty years from now. Unless you are willing to have a job you hate? I am a poor person, so what do I know...... But, I am happy.
    Oh so true, You can make alot of money, but if you are very unhappy at work, IT WONT MATTER.
    its better to make less and be HAPPY
    never heard or NANO TECH, but who am I

XtrmWakeborder
    Hmm i guess theres truth to that, but i'm thinking if im poor im not going to be happy when i play, because i have expensive taste. Hopefully ill have a job i like and get paid alot.

Spotondl
    Do NOT look to college to prepare you for a career unless you are interested in becoming a professor and doing research at that level... College is not a preparatory system for specific careers.
    Law school and med school are pretty much the closest you will get to a vocational college education. However, med school only prepares you for your residency and it is there that you determine what area of medicine you may want to practice. Law school is more catch as catch can... a lot depends on what law firm hires you and what area of law that particular law firm specializes in.
    Vocational school does prepare one for a career in a very specialized field, computers, court reporting, electronics, etc...
    I personally graduated from UCLA with a degree in sociology but the jobs available for a BA in Sociology pretty much are restricted to county/city child family services grunt work. One needs a masters or PHD to make some modicum of a living... So, what did I do? Started a computer company. What on earth does computers have to do with sociology??? Absolutely nothing. BUT, college did change the way that I process information and changed the way I think... THAT is the true value of a college education IMO...
    Just my .02
    Regarding your nano tech question... Nano tech will be HUGE several years from now. I would bet that you need to have an education in several areas, chemistry, biology, anatomy, engineering, electronics, etc... Some REALLY freaky stuff that nano tech...
    For those that don't know what nano tech is, it is an area of tech that can make tiny, billionth of an inch, robots on a molecular scale. There are already some of these nano robots developed by IBM and the likes. One sci fi application for nano tech could be millions of tiny robots that could be injected into your bloodstream with specific programming to seek out and destroy specific cancer cells, or rebuild at the molecular level different tissues, say damaged heart tissue or brain tissue.

dc96819
    Computer science, A good school will get you in the door,if your good youll
    get the money

spectratoad
    Be a drug dealer. The high school kids have lots of money by looking at the cars they drive nowdays.
    Above all else don't just get a job that you makes good money at. You have to like your job otherwise it is just not worth it. I am a great example. I don't make very good money but I love being in the military. Chicks dig uniforms, that is how I got my awesome wife. :redface:

dgie
    Chicks dig uniforms, that is how I got my awesome wife. :redface:
    Hmm not in California unless things changed. One example comes to mind. I was in "Dead Catch" Sorry "Live Bait" A club out there around Seal Beach. Anyways this chick was standing there with a drink in her hand. We started talking, she mentioned she was from San Diego, I mentioned that I lived down there for 5 years. She said oh really what part, I made the mistake of saying Camp Pendleton. Her face literally dropped and she said "Oh you’re in the Military?" I said yea, she said well I see my friend over there, Bye…. :notam:

ahhell
    do something you like to do, cuz you may end up doing it for a longgggggggggg time, im in the medical field, i wont get rich, but i have fun at work, most of the time, because i like dealing with people :argue:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast