Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place diverter for panther pump?

Clutch
    Looking for a used place diverter for my panther pump? help!

Hallett19
    isnt that an oxymoron ? I did not know you could use a pd on panthers

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by Hallett19:
    isnt that an oxymoron ? I did not know you could use a pd on panthers
    Who you callin' "moron"? http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...confused17.gif
    Man, I've been hangin' around here too long...
    Panther Jet-O-Vator (http://www.pantherjet.com/Jetovator.html)
    http://www.websitemonster.com/images/pimp.gif

gregshoemaker
    panther jet drive offers a diverter that works quite well. Also you can cut the nozzle off your panther and weld a Berkeley nozzle hosing and guess what you now can install a Place diverter. Greg Shoemaker

flat broke
    No disrespect meant to Greg by posting this, but I only agree with the first half of his statement. The second half regarding cutting the panther nozzle off and adding a Berkley nozzle adapter so you can use the PD may be questionalble.
    I have not done the second mod myself so I can't give you a first hand account, but I had Steve at Pather, Andy Dominguez who is a well known Panther guy in SoCal, and a guy at a jet repair shop up in Reseda all tell me that the cut and paste version is bad medicine. When you think about it, it makes a good deal of sense. The exit nozzle on a Panther is around 6"highx5"wide. If you adapt a Berk nozzle, or a PD nozzle you are cutting that down to an orrifice of 3.25" in diameter or something like that. The Panther works on volume not pressure so I think you might have some problems there. The last negative thing I would say about this operation is ADM does em. In my book thats enough said. If you want information on Panther pumps, call them directly at 541-836-7641. Or Andy Dominguez 310-549-3203(this is the guy Jack at MPD refered me to back when I had a Panther). Good luck Clutch, and no offense intended Greg.
    Chris

Clutch
    Hey Guy's thank you for your input as I'm new to the jet seen, and all I see are Berk. pumps I feel like the ODD man out, as far as parts go but I have no compliants on the panther yet, have to go w/ flatbroke though to go from a 6x5 hole to a 3.5 doesn't work if anyone hears of a unit for sale please buzz me. Ok 1 more ? place diverter/ jetovator what's the difference? don't they do the same thing?

Cas42
    Clutch,
    Don't feel too odd, there's a few people here that have Panther's and I'm one of them.
    Panther has a few things that can be done, problem is most can't be just bolted on. The good thing about them is they come stock with a ride plate and a SS impeller.
    First thing to do is give Steve at Panther a call and order yourself a Panther manual, it really comes in handy and gives you a real good understanding of the Panther pumps.

gregshoemaker
    Originally posted by flat broke:
    No disrespect meant to Greg by posting this, but I only agree with the first half of his statement. The second half regarding cutting the panther nozzle off and adding a Berkley nozzle adapter so you can use the PD may be questionalble.
    I have not done the second mod myself so I can't give you a first hand account, but I had Steve at Pather, Andy Dominguez who is a well known Panther guy in SoCal, and a guy at a jet repair shop up in Reseda all tell me that the cut and paste version is bad medicine. When you think about it, it makes a good deal of sense. The exit nozzle on a Panther is around 6"highx5"wide. If you adapt a Berk nozzle, or a PD nozzle you are cutting that down to an orrifice of 3.25" in diameter or something like that. The Panther works on volume not pressure so I think you might have some problems there. The last negative thing I would say about this operation is ADM does em. In my book thats enough said. If you want information on Panther pumps, call them directly at 541-836-7641. Or Andy Dominguez 310-549-3203(this is the guy Jack at MPD refered me to back when I had a Panther). Good luck Clutch, and no offense intended Greg.
    Chris

gregshoemaker
    Wasn't sure who performed the bowl modification by cutting it have only seen the mod on a couple of boats. Anyone who wnats a diverter on a Panther I always refer them to Dave at Panther. Thanks for the info it makes a lot of sense tome. Greg Shoemaker

Clutch
    Hey Cas 42, Where are you from?
    And thank you to every one who has responded to my ?'s it's nice to know people are willing to help.I gotta ROOST!!!
    Hey Greg
    Do You think i could build it myself? I've been a mechanic for 20 yrs.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast