Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you people in California dealing with this latest craze?

dgie
    I am thinking of cutting the muffler off my car to fit in. My apartments seems to have a lot of trucks, getto cars etc. with really loud mufflers. Are there laws in California that prohibit loud ass cars and trucks? My boat has over the transom headers and is loud as hell, but thats on a lake not in an apartment complex.....Maybe I should bring my boat here and fire it up at 1 in the morning, bastards.... :devil:
    I was told the Texas Edition Dodge truck is banned from california due to its excessive noise levels, not sure if that is true.....

Misogynist
    Oh yeah... every jack-off kid here in Los Angeles has to have a loud muffler and the harleys have no muffler at all... and the cops just seem to turn a blind eye... especially about the bikes... :yuk:

HighRoller
    I deal with that up here too. But it's worse. The other night in the drive thru to get a midnight snack and the clown in front of me has his "racing" Kia lookin' good! 5 inch tailpipe on a 1' exhaust system. Stickers everywhere. Tin Foil wing. And the topper....a 5", 10,000RPM monster tach on the dash with shift light. Worse, it was a 4 door automatic with a CAR SEAT in the back. Oh, almost forgot it was slammed to the ground. He ran over a french fry and bottomed the thing out as he drove away :jawdrop:

dgie
    He ran over a french fry and bottomed the thing out as he drove away :jawdrop:
    I can't seem stop laughing... I seen a Kia with a spoiler that was raised around 3 feet off the trunk. WTF when I was younger back in the 80's atleast our shit looked good. For example my Vega with a 350 in it. I had stacks out the back, but something under the hood that gave it some meaning. I won't even go into my 72 Dodge Challenger I had when I was 18.

EmpirE231
    "if it's too loud...you're too old"

MAINEVENT
    OK i stand guilty of this one :hammerhea my suburban at an idle is so loud when i was sitting waiting for my food at a drive through they asked me to turn off my car cause the cashier could not hear.... :crossx: But needles to say i sound far from a rice burner

MAINEVENT
    "if it's too loud...you're too old"
    LMAO

tcook33
    the harleys have no muffler at all
    Sorry bud, that doesnt happen. The way a motor works doesnt allow you to run "no muffler". You have been misinformed my friend. I say misinformed because I know you havent seen that with your own eyes.

Brian Ray
    It been like this out in Cali from some time now....I used to live in Alta Loma and every kid with a truck had his mufflers cut off and it's the same way here in Bakersfield.
    The other night these stupid f*&K's who are renting next door, their friend decides to rev his rice rocket up...thought he was cool or something. I almost went out and fired the boat up (it has 4" X 10" extensions), Let them hear what a real engine sounds like.....

BrendellaJet
    Oh yeah... every jack-off kid here in Los Angeles has to have a loud muffler and the harleys have no muffler at all... and the cops just seem to turn a blind eye... especially about the bikes... :yuk:
    Loud bikes save lives.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast