Thread: Cell service - Parker strip

Kokopelli
    Can you guys please help me find a cell company so I can get service on the Parker strip? I currently have Nextel, and I get no service. I want to get my son a phone, so I would like to go with service that we'll get on the strip.
    I did a search on HB, and the threads were pretty old. We mainly stay upriver at Buckskin. Help?
    Thanks in advance!

BoatPI
    I have recently used three phones from LHC to Parker, and to the I-10 through the US-95 farm area. Nothing was as good as my Sprint, although it did roam often. Get Sprint but pay the extra $5 per month for FREE unlimited roaming. Roaming must not exceed 50% of total usage. Of the 75 mile trip, I was without a signal for perhaps 5 miles. Most of Parker worked.
    Nextel does not have service once you leave Havasu city limits until the I-10.

Ziggy
    From everything I have read about this subject AT&T seems to have one of the better coverages along Parker.
    I personally have Verizon and it works along most areas in Parker, but that is along the Az95 mind you...Don't know what the coverage is like on the water.

OutCole'd
    John, I also have Nextel and get no service in Parker. I have a friend that uses AT&T and it works great.

MudPumper
    Yep, At&t :hammerhea

Screemy1
    Just remember one thing... NO MATTER WHAT, stay away from Cingular.... had them once, went with AT&T, then T-Mobile... for some stupid reason, signed a contract with Cingular again... and am about to pay 250 dollars to get out of it and go back to AT&T.... all over the US and Cingular is the WORST :yuk: ..... AT&T would be my choice

Hal
    I have tried them all in the last 4 months and none of the national plans work well along the river. At&t and Verizon work best but not very dependable on the strip. The locals tell me to get good cell service you need to use a local plan for the parker area. Then you end up paying long distance on any calls away from parker. If you check at&t and verizons coverage maps you will see that the local plans do cover Parker better than than the national plans. I guess if you live in Parker the local plan is the way to go. But then you miss out on all the free nation wide mins you get with a national plan. Your screwed if you do and your screwed if you don't. They don't make it easy to make a choice. I have no idea what I am going to do yet. I hope they will get better coverage on there national plan soon.

Bad Asp
    AT&T may work well for digital but they have 0 GSM coverage in Parker. We were there two weeks ago with two different phones on same GSM plan and neither worked at all. I have been with AT&T for years and have found them to have the best overall coverage and expect their GSM to rock once they get it completely rolled out.

BoatPI
    And I learned that Sprint roams to Verizon on the digital roam side. So you get anaglog, Sprint Digital, and Verizon area on the roam. That pretty much covers everywhere there is cell service.

simple
    I just spent a week at the Blue Water Resort. I have AT & T (Nationwide coverage) & did my phone mails from work everyday while sitting on the Hotel balcony.
    I also checked my phone mails at Roadrunner, Sundance Beach & Moonridge which came out clear with full bars of reception strength.
    I also checked them at Steamboat Cove on Havasu & they were fine there as well.