Thread: Job Interview,,,yea right

dgie
    Ok so I am sitting here at home yesterday and got a call for Fidelity Investments. They wanted me to come in for an Interview. They asked if that was ok, I said sure no problem. They even called me this morning to make sure I was going to show up. The interview was scheduled for 1pm I showed up in my suit and tie, ready for the interview. I sat there for an hour for some lady to show up to interview me. I finally got tired of waiting and had other things to take care of, so I got up handed them my resume and Application for employment and told them I will have to do this another day because I have another engagement at 3pm. It seems like an hour of my life wasted that I will never get back. I am just curious, how long, is too long?? If I am there early should the interviewer be there also?? I am willing to give a person about 15 minutes but an hour, I am home now back in my shorts and I can bet that the person who was to interview me is still not there. I have a line on a job at Circuit City installing stereos (which I used to do in California), while I finish up college. I think I would enjoy that better even though I am sure the pay is not as good, but the job at Fidelity is a temp job sitting there answering the phones all day long, not sure I could do that. That interview was conducted within 10 minutes of my arrival at circuit city. Do yall think that is fricken rude of the interviewer at Fidelity to make people wait that long? When I handed my application and Resume to the secretary she just looked at me like "I guess he just doesn't want the job" :burningm:

Wally_Gator
    If they made you wait that long, it goes to show you the kind of environment you would have been working in. If there was a problem and they were unavailable, they should have given you a time estimate and offered to re-schedule. I would say no more than 20 minutes wait without the offer to re-schedule.

dgie
    When I left I explained to them that I had a another appointment and that I would have to reschedule...I was thinking 20 minutes myself I gave it an extra 40 minutes for good measure...I agree with you on the environment. I wonder if they brand you on the ass and put a tag in your ear

Dave C
    rude and unprofessional of them. Its common courtesy to keep your appointments ON TIME or call and tell them your gonna be late.
    If you were going to have to sit there all day waiting for them they should have told you up front. or told you what was going to happen before you got there. After 15-20 minutes of not saying anything to you it becomes rude and unprofessional.

ROZ
    I am sure the pay is not as good, but the job at Fidelity is a temp job sitting there answering the phones all day long, not sure I could do that.Maybe the pay wasn't as good, but I bet Fidelity had internet access at your desk... That meaans more posting time... : :2purples:

dgie
    She did try to string me along by coming in there after 30 minutes and telling me that the lady who was to interview me was in her words "Tying up some loose ends" I gave it another 30 minutes on top of that...figured that was enough. I am really leaning towards being an installer at Circuit City right now, less pay but we used to do a lot of custom stuff when I worked there awhile back, and was fun. Answering phones all day does not really sound too interesting to me right now, even though it may be an in at Fidelity.

dgie
    Maybe the pay wasn't as good, but I bet Fidelity had internet access at your desk... That meaans more posting time... : :2purples:
    Damn forgot about that....Maybe I should put my suit back on and go back with a cup of :coffeycup and a big

ROZ
    Since you mention Circuit.... We have store there, and I hear we're always looking for good installers for bothhome and 12v...