Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stereo settings

BoatFloating
    Rocky, am I hearing this right? He has a subwoofer that's in a sealed enclosure that is in a closed compartment? :hammerhea
    Hopefully they used the right volume and 1.5" wood with plenty of bracing....
    The box seems like the right Cubic Feet to me. They built a sub box and then they put it in the front seat storage area. So it's like building a sub box and sticking it in a trunk. I just think the problem with his system is the tuning because it seems like he's got enough power. The sub is driven by a RF 1500 mono amp.

ROZ
    The box seems like the right Cubic Feet to me. They built a sub box and then they put it in the front seat storage area. So it's like building a sub box and sticking it in a trunk. I just think the problem with his system is the tuning because it seems like he's got enough power. The sub is driven by a RF 1500 mono amp.
    Does the sound change when the compartment is cracked opene?

BoatFloating
    Does the sound change when the compartment is cracked opene?
    I haven't been it enough and heard it to know but I imagine itdoes. The problem with that boat and I would know since I had one there isn't enough room to make sub enclosers for anything bigger then a 10" sub under back seats. I would take the W7 and give it to me since it's no good and go with a couple of L5 10" in the back seat.... :devil: Just joking, the W7 should of been ported out the side of the front seat bases. The W7 is firing straight up into the base of the front seat.
    BTW, your pool is looking good. When can I come pee in it???? :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
    ...the inverter and generator setup is the only way to go.
    "Team 6 volts" has a defector!

ROZ
    "Team 6 volts" has a defector! I was waiting for your response...

BoatFloating
    "Team 6 volts" has a defector!
    Don't count your chickens yet HH. The inverter runs to 2 6v batteries :220v:

phebus
    The W7 is firing straight up into the base of the front seat.
    The ladies love sitting there!! :rollside: I keep hearing, More power, more power

BoatFloating
    The ladies love sitting there!! :rollside: I keep hearing, More power, more power
    I knew it had it's benefits.... :mix:

phebus
    Thanks to all that responded to this thread. The amps are adjusted as suggested, and the stereo sounds awesome!!! What a difference!!!
    One last question for Roz or Riverbound. On the Rockford Fosgate Punch 800 amp, there is an adjustment for "Punch Bass". Should I adjust this knob for added bass, or leave it flat? It is driving a pair of 6X9"s, and a pair of 6.5"s, and is set on high pass at 80Hz.
    The sub is running off a Power 1500 amp., set at 80Hz.
    Thanks again,
    Rick

ROZ
    Since I don't work with fosgate, RB would know best; However, I'll take a stab at it..
    The bass know is designed to help you dial in (to personal taste) the subwoofer in sealed or vented boxes and won't make a difference with the 80hz and up you're running on the 4channel amp...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast