Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day use of Lake Ming

Willis
    Hello every one, :argue:
    What is the policy of Kern County, Lake Ming on Thursdays? Do they have a special policy where a racer can tune his rig and not be hassled for the noise levels?
    Willis

Squirtin Thunder
    Willis,
    Did you ever run a Sanger or any other Hydro jet? I remember a guy by the last name of Willis that used to be one hell of a racer. Is that you??
    Jim

Willis
    Jim,
    Willis is my first name.
    I do not own a hydro yet, but looking into the possibility :jawdrop:
    Where did this guy run out of?
    Willis

77charger
    Jim,
    I do not own a hydro yet, but looking into the possibility :jawdrop:
    Willis
    Uh going to prop soon i see.Wise choice pass the hydro go to a flatty though :smile:

565edge
    Ive always heard the thursday before a race weekend was test and tune?

UBFJ #454
    Don't know about Ming, but, everywhere else in the country if there is a T&T before a Saturday/Sunday Race it is on Friday. NJBA might think about arranging some T&T's next year ... Say $125 FOR MEMBERS with up to 6 Passes.

Willis,I have a few questions about maybe running river race in Sept.
    I have been reading over the rulebook and it mentioned a few things I wasnt sure about and if they apply to us new guys in river race.
    Medi tags, what are those and where do I get em'? Im assuming its a neclace that has all your info on it? Maybe you could fill me in on this.
    Driving test and or orientation, is this all taken care of out at the track? Or?
    Faa type class 3 physical? Geez, I looked that one up, its basically for guys that want to be a pilot, does this apply to us in River race?
    Last question is , if my jackets cert. is up last month, can I still race with it? Is there a few month window for us to get it back into cert. or do I need to get it re-certed before I show up? I completly understand they need to be certfied, but I only ask this because someone at the CBBB event who races said they will let you race if your jacket had just recently expired...
    If you can think of anything else we need to go race other than the boat requirements, now is the time to let us know so we can get it all taken care of..Thanks, Chris.

77charger
    Willis,I have a few questions about maybe running river race in Sept.
    I have been reading over the rulebook and it mentioned a few things I wasnt sure about and if they apply to us new guys in river race.
    Medi tags, what are those and where do I get em'? Im assuming its a neclace that has all your info on it? Maybe you could fill me in on this.
    Driving test and or orientation, is this all taken care of out at the track? Or?
    Faa type class 3 physical? Geez, I looked that one up, its basically for guys that want to be a pilot, does this apply to us in River race?
    Last question is , if my jackets cert. is up last month, can I still race with it? Is there a few month window for us to get it back into cert. or do I need to get it re-certed before I show up? I completly understand they need to be certfied, but I only ask this because someone at the CBBB event who races said they will let you race if your jacket had just recently expired...
    If you can think of anything else we need to go race other than the boat requirements, now is the time to let us know so we can get it all taken care of..Thanks, Chris.
    i cant answer all but some med tag you got it right
    drive test and orientation. see don jones at the drivers meeting
    type 3 physical.go to the ihba site and download their physical requirements sheet and take to a doctor.Itook mine to the clinic at alicia and jeronimo(you will laugh at some of the requirements on it too)that dont apply to boat racing couple parts the doctor asked they need this test for driving a boat sadi skip this(rectal exam)sounds gay to me

jweeks123
    do thet send you to laguna beach for the rectal exam?
    jw

565edge
    cs19,I didnt have to get a physical to run river racer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast