Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it make me a bad parent???

Mandelon
    I let my kids ride in the back of our camper on the way back from Bass Lake on Friday. The ride took 9 hours due to heavy LA traffic. They were getting pretty bored, and the traffic was moving slowly......so I let them go back there to play and lay out on the big bed.
    It is legal but some would say unsafe. I have let them do it on desolate stretches of road before, but never on the freeway.
    Would you do it?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ke_111-med.jpg

LaveyJet
    As long as you can talk to them, sliding window or intercom, its cool. I've done the same.

CEO
    Tough call, you know if you get hit, the kids are flying around like ping pong balls. Personally I would let them as long as I was driving

Mandelon
    Knowing how most RV's are built I think they would be better off in the big truck/Camper.
    Seatbelted in the backseat is the safest though.........when I was a kid we never had to wear seatbelts. I used to get to ride up on the shelf behind the back seats....

phebus
    It would be tough being the bad guy, but I would never let them do it. After being a firefighter/paramedic for 20+ years, I have just seen to many bad things happen. It just takes a second for your life to be ruined.

GlastronGuy
    My uncle did that with my cousins when they were little.
    When he stopped for gas he went and opened the canopy to check on them. From what he said, there was blood every where. He thought someone had gotten in somehow and stabbed them.
    But that wasn't it. They had all puked up blood and passed out because of carbon monoxide poisoning. If he had gone on much longer they would have died.

JetBoatRich
    My uncle did that with my cousins when they were little.
    When he stopped for gas he went and opened the canopy to check on them. From what he said, there was blood every where. He thought someone had gotten in somehow and stabbed them.
    But that wasn't it. They had all puked up blood and passed out because of carbon monoxide poisoning. If he had gone on much longer they would have died.
    Was it an camper like Mandelon's or shell :messedup: That is bad news.

STGP
    Got to say NO WAY-it's very very dangerous. Better to have cranky kids than injured ones.

dexman38
    you are not a bad parent . you spend time with your kids. riding the kids in the back of the camper. thats a tough call their are a lot of thinks that could go wrong. slow traffic and a long ride i would my let them ride back in the camper, my wife would say no way.

Sleek-Jet
    How many people with motor homes make sure the kids are belted in when the rig is in motion??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast