Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TPC "Sneak Previews"

Hotcrusader76

USMC1812
    Look great Ty! How are mine comming along?
    Doug

Jetty 468
    Thank's I needed that ! Look's first rate ,can't wait . eek!

Schiada76
    I can't wait to fondle them. eek!
    [ March 22, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: BradP ]

Havasu Hangin'
    Those look great.
    Ty- when I had my carb tuned by C&J, they installed a cross-tube (instead of "J" tubes) that links the overflows, and it has a slot on top. They told me that it was necessary to prevent signal from being pulled from the float bowls.
    Thoughts?

502procharger
    Ty, your work is immaculate.

Infomaniac

21rayson
    they look sweet if they perform as good as they look that is even better. very nice.

Hotcrusader76
    BTW- The quality of these photos are real shoddy. As soon as I release the articles on the Dominator and Quadrajet hopely my "Macro" photo guy will show you some of the finer details/mods.
    I will also be posting the blueprint schematics of the carbs as well. A full documented blueprint is a new service we offer on all Stage 3 carbs provided to you via Priority mail before the carburetor even arrives.
    Thank you for the kind comments everyone. I look forward to their performance feedback. I know aka"BradP" was switching from dual HP830s to Dual 3-circuit Dominators for his blown BBC and aka"jetty468" was getting a face-lift with his 850DP. I am very confident that all my ***boat customers will be satisfied with the quality and professionalism put into every detail of the build.
    Once again, I look forward to everybodies response.
    ~Ty

Hotcrusader76
    Havasu Hangin':
    Those look great.
    Ty- when I had my carb tuned by C&J, they installed a cross-tube (instead of "J" tubes) that links the overflows, and it has a slot on top. They told me that it was necessary to prevent signal from being pulled from the float bowls.
    Thoughts? That mod is most likely due to the fact the launch was hard and caused fuel to spill out. I would only perform that modification if the floats were high and there was an existing issue with fuel spill over. Most off-road trucks use this trick on the Holleys because the bowls are normally 1850 style and fuel slosh is worse than with a Dominator style bowl.
    As far as signal goes? I have never heard of such a thing. The vent tube is just that, a vent to atmospheric pressure. Not even with a blowthrough carburetor does signal become an issue. The only signal that should matter is within the venturi/booster region.
    Maybe there was a misunderstanding on how they explained it to you. I know of two racers who use this trick on inline 660s and it was only because the money wasn't there to overhaul them and add longer angled vents.
    I will call Marvin over at QFT and see if he has heard of such a thing being done for an improvement in balanceing a "signal". He's an ex-Holley engineer who has been my guideing light with part(s) searching.
    ~Ty
    [ March 22, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast