Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda 450f

dave186
    i work at a bike shop, we do performance mods and sell accesories, we also have a bike dyno. the yamaha YZ450 lays down 1 or 2 more HP than the CRF450 but the curves are a lot different. the CRF is a lot smoother than the YZF and easier to ride for some. i personally prefer the CRF over the YZF, especially since i ride the dez and the YZF has the 4 speed. i wouldnt even consider the WRF because of the e start and head and tail lights. right now i have a Husaberg FC550 with a little bit of motorwork, lays down 51hp on the dyno, and it has a 6 speed

RiverRatMike
    yeah a 6 speed trany would be nice but I know my WR will give me years of reliable service and tons riding time. Just like my other Yamaha's have done for me through the years.
    i work at a bike shop, we do performance mods and sell accesories, we also have a bike dyno. the yamaha YZ450 lays down 1 or 2 more HP than the CRF450 but the curves are a lot different. the CRF is a lot smoother than the YZF and easier to ride for some. i personally prefer the CRF over the YZF, especially since i ride the dez and the YZF has the 4 speed. i wouldnt even consider the WRF because of the e start and head and tail lights. right now i have a Husaberg FC550 with a little bit of motorwork, lays down 51hp on the dyno, and it has a 6 speed

RiverRatMike
    and the e-start and the headlight is awesome! I do alot of night riding out in Parker and it's great even in the hot summer months. Just wait till it gets dark and then go tear it up.
    yeah a 6 speed trany would be nice but I know my WR will give me years of reliable service and tons riding time. Just like my other Yamaha's have done for me through the years.

Screemy1
    Be Retro... it's in, it's hip, it's the thing to do! Buy a 2-stroke.... they are the next classic..... Why are all the strokies leaving.... I personnaly love twostrokes.... maybe I just like the smell

NashvilleBound
    I bought a 2002 OTD for $7200.00 when they first came out. I would think that is way to much to pay these days. The bike was bitchen, it would do anything you wanted it to do. Saved my ass more than a few times. You got power from 0 to where ever. It starts on the first kick. The only reason I sold it was to save my life ,it lets you ride way over your head and at my age I don't need that. I have never rode a bike that handled so well. Used to race TT and short track back in the late 60s and early 70s so this was my first bike in 30 years. All I can say is if your a Honda guy go with the 450 you wont be sorry you did. What they get for them these days I don't know but I don't think I would pay over the price that on has on there web site.
    PS... If this is your first bike or your not very experenced in riding I would not recomend this bike.
    That is exactly what I am affraid of...being able to ride like I am 20 again when I am twice that....now that I think about it...damn it!

Speedin' Ian
    Called LA Cycles and the waiting list is into October, also they are getting 6999 for new 05's which seems a little steep. So my next question is does anyone have an 04 for sale? And what is the difference between the 03, 04 and 05?

Freak
    Try to stay away from the 03's. They had probs with the valve springs wearing out quick. My brother inlaw has a 04. That bike is so nice to ride on it crazy.

JET-O-VATOR
    i currently ride a 03 cr250. and i am a very aggresive sand rider i ride glamis at least 10 times a year and dumont 4-5 times a year with a couple of pismo trips in the summer.. i ride with 2 04 yz450s and 3 crf450s, 3 cr 250s and a couple of cr500s. the 450s kick the 250 asses on the hill and they beat the 500's too. my bike has slight motor work and i am ab out a bike length behind the 450's and the 500's i can run right with... my bike is going up for sale this month as well as my 85 250r atc and my 00 blaster to buy an 04 crf450r and a 05 trx450r... they are freaking bitchen bikes the honda out runs the yz's just a little on top but it has a way nicer power curve.. much more rider friendly and i personnaly like the ergos better than the yz's.. and just for the record i work for yoshimura so im around this shiat all day so im pretty knowledgeable on this stuff... jus my .02 cents :hammerhea
    o and there is one yz450 in our group that kicks all the bikes asses. its an 04 yz450 with a boonedockers nos kit gawd damn that is fuggin scarry fast
    honda--> :eat: <---yamaha

Wicky
    i currently ride a 03 cr250. and i am a very aggresive sand rider i ride glamis at least 10 times a year and dumont 4-5 times a year with a couple of pismo trips in the summer.. i ride with 2 04 yz450s and 3 crf450s, 3 cr 250s and a couple of cr500s. the 450s kick the 250 asses on the hill and they beat the 500's too. my bike has slight motor work and i am ab out a bike length behind the 450's and the 500's i can run right with... my bike is going up for sale this month as well as my 85 250r atc and my 00 blaster to buy an 04 crf450r and a 05 trx450r... they are freaking bitchen bikes the honda out runs the yz's just a little on top but it has a way nicer power curve.. much more rider friendly and i personnaly like the ergos better than the yz's.. and just for the record i work for yoshimura so im around this shiat all day so im pretty knowledgeable on this stuff... jus my .02 cents :hammerhea
    o and there is one yz450 in our group that kicks all the bikes asses. its an 04 yz450 with a boonedockers nos kit gawd damn that is fuggin scarry fast
    honda--> :eat: <---yamaha
    Question to you is HOW much do you weigh?? I used to ride glamis 6 or 7 times a year and Dumont 4 or 5 times a year. Pismo was a joke. Now it is all about St. Anthony's since I live in Idaho now.
    It sounds like the 500s are tired if your 250 is keeping up. I ride in good company as well. The guys I ride with own Rekluse racing clutches and FLY aka Western Power Sports. Granted, they all had 03s. This weekend at the BIGNASTYHILLCLIMB.com. it was the CR500s dominating the 450s when just trying to get to the top. It was a 60 degree climb. There wasn't a single 450 that made it over the 1st big ledge. Power to weight is where it is at. You should have seen the 10 and 12 year olds going up this cliff. Dusty Beers was the overall winner. His son is 12 and kicked 90% of all the other pro climbers but, he didn't out do dad. Power to weight is where it is at. When you have a Hayabusa pumped up on nitro-methanol stuffed into a CR chassis, it is a wicked combination that is very hard to beat!!! There wasn't a single Harley to be seen.
    Mow,
    Wicky

JET-O-VATOR
    thats very true i weigh about 130 and all the guys on the 500's are 200 plus and the guys on the 450's (guessing) 140-160. power to weight is greater than h.p.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast