Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody use MagnaFlow Exhaust??

100mbs
    Just wondering if anybody has installed a Magnaflow Cat-Back system on their Chevy/GM 2500 6.0L GAS.
    Any Feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

HALLETT BOY
    Yea , i did ! Took it back off because it resonated so bad in the cab...

100mbs
    What did you install instead? I dont want it to be load inside the cab either.

565edge
    I had magnaflow on my gas truck anf it resonited bad.I have their new stainless turbo back 4" on my 2000 powerstroke and it sounds great.

HALLETT BOY
    I put on some performance / quiet muffler that the shop recommended, lost all kinds of performance, so now I'm going to put a Flowmaster on with a heat /
    sound shield on...we 'll see what happens

100mbs
    Yeah, let me know how you like it.

Red Eye
    I have one on my Dodge Hemi and right at 2000RPMs is got to be the most annoying sound I've ever paid for.

Lightning
    Some companies make a resonator tip that you can put on that does not affect performance. Ask you local exhaust shop.

goneboatin
    I had a '99 Silverado with the 5.3 in it. I originally wanted the Flowmaster 70 series, but the shops kept pushing the Magnaflow. They said there were workmanship problems and the Flowmaster fell apart inside then rattled. So I let them talk me into the Magnaflow -- What a piece of s h i t! At 1800 to 2300 rpm (freeway cruising speed) it resonated until I got to about 85mph. After 2 weeks e-mailing and calling Magnaflow and getting nowhere, I spent another 175 bucks on a Dynomax Super Turbo. It was much quieter, but at cruising on the freeway you had to turn down the radio to carry on a conversation.
    I've got a new truck with the 6.0 in it, I want more rumble but want it quiet at cruising speeds. Is there such an animal?

goneboatin
    Just wondering if anybody has installed a Magnaflow Cat-Back system on their Chevy/GM 2500 6.0L GAS.
    Any Feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Don't do it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast