Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for boat

TBONE1904
    newbie here wondering if a BAHNER hull is quality or any horror stories. The boat looks well taken care of an is a 1983 BAHNER 19' - open bow, strong 454, Berkley jet, reliable & fast, nice paint, int, gauges, matching trailer, fresh water only, any help or suggestions are appreciated

WUTWZAT
    If you can have the owner take you out for an afternoon before buying it would be a good thing. See if they have any difficulties, or if they baby it in anyway to try and hide something that may be going wrong. Also if anything seems odd, or if you have questions after viewing ask specific questions here. So many people have bought a boat with a strong motor and a fresh jet to turn around and drop another 5 - 8 thousand dollars to make it to the water. Also pay attention to how they launch the boat and checks they my just after and throughout the day. I know I have a fresh motor and jet but I still continuely check the oil for water content, level and the condition of it. Just cause its pretty doesn't mean its correct. Ask anyone I got the ugliest boat around, but its strong enough to pull many back and keep up with the others on runs.
    Jason

TBONE1904
    Thanks man...I looked at it last night and the stringer looks great, i checked the impellar on the pump and it doesnt look very worn at all. we are taking it to san vincente today at 3 so i can check it out. any other warnig signs you guys have for me to look for when we take it out?

mirvin
    Check every inch of the hull. IF there are any cracks THROUGH THE GEL then stay away. CHeck the transom too. Any spots where something is bolted to the transom needs to be checks. Pull the plug and have a look at the wood down there too.
    TO be honest, I'd rather be doing motor work then glass work. :shift:
    mirvin

Boatcop
    Rod Bahner learned from some of the best boat builders in Southern California in the '60's and '70s. His hulls are comparable with Campbell, Spectra, Howard and other quality pours.
    His only drawback was business sense and a taste for certain substances. But that's all ancient history.
    If you can get a good deal on a well taken care of Bahner, jump on it.

Aqua Boogie1
    Hey T-Bone.......Can I get my picture back?????? :eat:

WUTWZAT
    When ever I've seen a Bahner boat a bag of meth wasn't far behind. But thats just been my experience around them.
    Jason
    But yes they are great boats. Just meth heads seem to like em alot.

Robbie Racer
    T-bone, you might want to also post this same question over on the "just jets" forum as well as at the www.banderlog.com forum. Both sites have a lot of experienced jet boat guys there to give you some good feedback.

TBONE1904
    Thanks for all the advice.....I looked the boat over very well and drove it on friday. I am going to buy it on monday for 8000.00 with trailer. The hull and interior are perfect and the stringer motor and jet look very good. I will post pics on mon/tues. Ill be at san vincente around 6:30 on tuesday
    Aqua Boogie1
    Ill give you props that is an ill pic...shes smokin, but im keepin it!!!!

Sleek-Jet
    Congratulations and good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast