Thread: Common sense please.

Skaterfast
    I was in Havasu this weekend with my new used pontoon boat. At 8:30 PM I was traveling South from Speed Alley with no moon out, it was black. As the river gets narow and shallow right at the mouth I'm traveling at about 20mph when my wife yells. "Look out"!!!!!! This is what you are not going to beleive.Two boats side tied together not pointing down or up river, but sideways with swimmers in the water.Ready for the next thing you are not going to beleive.Yes that's right, no lights!!!! Only one dim stern light.So thank God I'm in the pontoon and not the Skater.Because I would have been going 40mph in the Skater. So I pull back on the throttles and turn hard left. When I slowed down I yelled to the guy "if you dont move or turn your lights on you will die sometime in the next 15 seconds"!!!!!! He then flips his front lights on.I didn't stick around to see if he moved.I do everything possible to be safe out there.I have running lights and a 5million candle watt spot light.But it just goes to show ya it's the other guy(idiot) you have to look out for.Be careful everyone and please use common sense.

Thinning of the herd is natures way.......... even for dumbass boaters.

Ducatista
    Hard to believe people are that clueless! Thank God we're not reading about it in a accident thread.

Roxysnow
    Hard to believe people are that clueless! Thank God we're not reading about in in a accident thread.
    We were in Havasu this weekend and it was rookie weekend out there! Just a bunch of a-holes not thinking. Hate to think what Labor day will be like???? :burningm:

Ducatista
    We were in Havasu this weekend and it was rookie weekend out there! Just a bunch of a-holes not thinking. Hate to think what Labor day will be like???? :burningm:
    Labor Day, "survival" is the first word that comes to mind! Actually lookin forward to Labor Day cuz its the begining of the end for the summer crazies.

Essex502
    I can't wait till summer is over to get back to boating in a little calmer waters than during the summer months in Havasu.