Can't figure this out. I have -10 pickups and lines to the manual tank valve, from there to a high volume separator. Separator to belt driven modified 130gph carter pump. -8 from pump to carb. No regulator. I draw from both tanks always. Works ok most time except on a dead stop full throttle run to WFO I looked over and saw 0 psi (mechanical gauge) :sqeyes: I shut down quick, before it faltered. Thinking it could be tank vents, I loosened fuel caps a little, no change. I didn't want to completely remove them for obvious reasons. Takes about 10-12 seconds for pressure to drop. WTF?
Does anybody have a close up picture of a clay smith pump? I'm wondering if I can swap out the valve portion of pump like I did with the Carter valve body, or even switch the actuator arms. May not even be a pump problem. Any other ideas how to diagnose this? As you can see the pickups are in the rear of the tanks, so I don't think it's fuel slosh under acceleration. The old pickups are adjacent to the larger ones, maybe rig up a vacuum gauge to check for adequate venting? Does anyone run a mechanical belt driven pump with a Whipple?