Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I DID IT!! (read this wetdream)

Hallett19
    I bought the pan!!!! (I sure am making a big deal out of this)If this fixes my problem and my boat FINALLY runs good..... DRINKS ON ME !! I will be so damn happy !!! and wetdream, guess whats in the mail !?!?!

77charger
    if that is a rear sump pan i have an extra oil pump a melling hv part#m84hv(i think)have to check its brand new i was sent the wrong one so they sent me a new one and said i can keep the wrong one sent (from summit)thought that was cool but i have no use for it so if you want it its yours.

superdave013
    And what pan did you get?? How many qt? Come on man, tell us the good stuff. Hell, post a pic of that sucka! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

not guilty
    Hallet, if you got the pan off and your there I'd take a couple caps off (#4-8 rod,#4-5 main) just for safety . Hell your already there wont take 15 minutes.I just spent $500 for my new milodon pan & acc. would hate to throw something through it. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/redface.gif NG

Hallett19
    boy Dave, you are almost as excited as I was to buy it, I don't have a means of posting pics quite yet, but it is a 10 Qt. Rex Marine piece, I already have the pump, so thanx for the offer 77, but it is sweet !!! all gold with the oil trap door to keep the oil where it needs to be, came with a super big pick up and rails along the pan, and it has a big "REX MARINE" stamped on it, its pretty damn nice and pretty damn BIG !! => wait, now I have a question, if it is a rear sump pan, do I need a rear sump pump !?!?! and how can I find out if it is a rear sump pan !?!?

You will need the rear sump pick-up and attaching hardware. Don't bother with the pan with out the correct p/u

Hallett19
    it came with a pickup and I have a melling oil pump, but it is just a stock replacment high volume unit. that pickup is all I need though right?

not guilty
    PU depends, there are 2 different styles of pumps w/bolt on pickups. the most common stock type the pickup bolts on going staight out the back,the other that the milodan 10 qt pan uses bolts on at an angle off the bottom , requires a different p/u and pump. If the p/u with your new pan looks like it bolts at an angle you need the other pump(milodon #18845)most manufactures only make one type p/u for their pans. NG

Hallett19
    this p/u is a press in/push on type and is not at an angle, it is flat. does that mean I can keep the same pump ?

not guilty
    ooopps, forgot about the press in type. Took it fo granted it was a bolt on ,should work fine! NG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast