Thread: Double Axle trailer

Fool's Money
    My boat is 17'7" Avenger.It came from the previous owner with a single axle RoadRunner trailer.It seems to be a well built unit,but I want a tandem axle(rough Louisiana roads).Anyone recommend any particular brand? I've been searching the web but haven't found but a few trailer sites.I'd like to get a RoadRunner tandem....any know if they have a site? I haven't been able to find it.

Bubbledeck
    If you're set on a tandem trailer I'd look into turning yours into one first. My guess is that a good welding shop or trailer repair shop could do that cheaper than buying a new trailer .. just a thought

77_Tahiti
    Fool's Money,
    I have a single axle Roadrunner trailer that is in sad shape, so I called Roadrunner a while back and was told it would be about 2500 bucks to replace my trailer with a new one. You might try buying a used boat with a tandem axle trailer, swap the trailers and resale the boat with your single axle under it. Otherwise try Bubbledeck's idea of using a welding shop to lengthen and add an axle to your trailer. Im planning to use a welding shop to redo my tongue (going to make it a removable type, need to redo the butch job that was done by the previous owner), replace one of the axle spindles, and add a front v-roller and maybe a winch. I should be able to get the mods and paint for less than 500 bucks, beats the hell out of 2500 bucks.
    Good luck
    Roadrunner Trailers link http://www.roadrunnertrailers.com/sys-tmpl/door/

jroos
    I`m from Metairie, now in Kenner. Pick up a copy of Steals n Deals, there is a guy advertising in there that sells used trailers.

Fool's Money
    Thanks for the great info guys.I think turning my trailer into a tandem might be too much trouble and expense for what the finished trailer would be.Guess I'll be looking into a used tandem as $2500 for a trailer is a bit much for my boating budget(think of all the mods to the boat for that much=$$)But again thanks for the help.

madmaxll
    Hi Fools Money. I have a 1979 Panther tamdem axle in real good shape that i will be selling in less than a month. I'm using it to hold a boat while I paint it's trailer. This one is blue with fiberglass fenders, a jack with wheel, flush lights and Goodyears on chrome wheels. Make me an offer. Can send pics if you are interested. email me at fire-man@email.com

BigDaddy
    Originally posted by Fool's Money:
    Thanks for the great info guys.I think turning my trailer into a tandem might be too much trouble and expense for what the finished trailer would be.Guess I'll be looking into a used tandem as $2500 for a trailer is a bit much for my boating budget(think of all the mods to the boat for that much=$$)But again thanks for the help.Hey go to Boattrader.com or 1001boats.com or Dilly trailer online they will help you and you can check those for adds and advertisment about trailers and etc check it out it will help. I to have a 18 foot Avenger Jet boat with 455 olds tunnel 850dbl pumper etc etc.