Thread: Built a loader grate

dave186
    well, one of the ones like rex or cp sells, the steel grate with a couple of pieces of angle on it. it turned out real nice. I may pull it back off and have it powder coated.
    I took it out yesterday for a quick run and it seems to have done the trick, first thing i noticed was about a 150 rpm drop, then the GPS showed my new best, 56mph. the best i could do before was 54. and this was with 2 of us on board, both of us big guys too. previous best was with just me in it. I also still have a full bow tank, need to burn that stuff up.
    now im ready to add a diverter and a little bit more horsepower :devil:

djdtpr
    Do you realize what you have done?You have started the endless quest for speed! Good job did you have one to base it iff of or did you just go at it and build ya one?

dave186
    i started the quest with the WJ Energizer kit. I was happy for a while, went from 45mph to 54 with no other changes.
    I pretty much just had a couple pictures to go by. now ive got this idea that i should try and make a shoe for it, but ive yet to see anyone with a shoe on a Jacuzzi WJ intake. I should probably just start saving for a diverter of some kind, probably Place.
    one other question, whats the difference between a cavitation plate and a ride plate?
    I have one of these
    http://www.jetboatperformance.com/im...ads/img157.gif

Squirtin Thunder
    A cav plate is designed to push the bow down and a ride plate is designed to suck the rear down. Or about 8".
    Someone corect me if I am wrong.
    Jim

djdtpr
    cav plate do the same thing as a ride plate basicaly,they decifer the lift of the boat .Cav plates are usually adjustable from within the boat and also help the boat take a set.Ride plates rarely have an adjustment from within the boat but do make a big diference in the performance of the boat,providing everything else is set up properly.

dave186
    well i need to get my bow up, does this thing i have affect that? its a bit of a pain to get it off and on, so i havent done back to back runs to see if it makes that huge of difference. i was kinda thinking it would be a bit more usefull if i had a diverter.

djdtpr
    In order to get the true affect of the ride plate i think you need a shoe set up and a diverter or at least wedges.Just my .02

Nucking futs
    Well IMO the ride plate is just an extention of the riding surface so the boat can rock back a bit more thus giving lift to the nose and letting it air out more with less wetted area. this will also increase your speed too.You will have to play with the setting a bit to get the angle right.might have to get a diverter or wedge to get it to work to its best though.