Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's A Drag Race - Ming 9-25

djdtpr
    Thats how i took it.Even my dog is looking at me like dont you get it yet!So what if i rode the little yellow bus.Cant wait hope the motor lives till then.

steelcomp
    SteelComp is this your Bahner ?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...28_2004_7_.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...28_2004_8_.jpg
    Yup. That would be the one.
    Sure would love to sell it!!!!!!!!

steelcomp
    NICE...
    Can't beat a Bahner
    (Well maybe a Southwind, Eliminator, Tom Papp Edge or C.P. can :cry: )
    Thanks..I like mine, but go easy, there! Next you're going to say Sanger, Tahiti and Glasstron! (oh, you did say Glasstron...CP :rollside: )
    Lets see...I've beat 2 SW's, bunch of Delaminators (one blown Daytona), 2 CP's (one blown), a Rogers with a Dart motor, and a Sanger Hydro. I haven't raced a Papp/Edge, yet. Maybe I'll get to pair up with Alan this year.
    'Course, so far the only boat I haven't gotten by was a freekin 21' Liberator O/B.
    NOW I'm cryin!! :cry:
    One thing for sure...this hull will take all the HP I can throw at it. It's basically a PC splash, and can always go faster! :smile:

1Bahnerjet
    Thanks..I like mine, but go easy, there! Next you're going to say Sanger, Tahiti and Glasstron! (oh, you did say Glasstron...CP :rollside: )
    Lets see...I've beat 2 SW's, bunch of Delaminators (one blown Daytona), 2 CP's (one blown), a Rogers with a Dart motor, and a Sanger Hydro. I haven't raced a Papp/Edge, yet. Maybe I'll get to pair up with Alan this year.
    'Course, so far the only boat I haven't gotten by was a freekin 21' Liberator O/B.
    NOW I'm cryin!! :cry:
    One thing for sure...this hull will take all the HP I can throw at it. It's basically a PC splash, and can always go faster! :smile:
    I stand Corrected, & very Pleased too :wink:

Squirtin Thunder
    Steelcomp,
    The reason you did not get that Liborator was he had trim and a better power to wieght ratio, remember I was in the boat.
    Jim
    BTW- I think you will be able to get him with the bowl and impeller work that Jack@MPD is doing.

bp
    NJBA RR membership $100
    RR race entry $ 75
    NJBA Competition membership $150
    Am I right????
    Jim
    that's the way i'm reading the newsletter, but??? hopefully, willis will say yay or nay... but i think that's correct.
    njba competition membership is simply a full membership. from what willis posted, i would guess that you only have to add the extra 50 for the full membership when you're ready to compete.
    for those that have not done it, there is a BIG difference between running rr laps and/or qualifying on saturday, and elimination rounds on sunday. no amount of practice will completely prepare you for eliminations. lots of us can help you get ready to go in the water, tell you what you'll need to do on the rope, explain the lights, etc. you can practice lots. but when you're out there and it's win or go home, it's different. gets the adrenalin movin'. it makes old guys young and young guys old.

Squirtin Thunder
    There is no other feeling like waiting on the rope. In the sun melting. Going over and over what you need to do. Praying everthing works right, you work right, there is no strange chop or misterious waves. Hoping it will start. The felling when the engine lights, the tingling in your feet. At times I would say it is better than sex. I am getting butterflies just talking about it.
    Jim
    Just my memories

UBFJ #454
    Mike Sampica asked me to ask if anyone would like to borrow his XL Lifeline (non parachute) Jacket for the next race ... If so, post up and we'll bring it. It was last Cert'd in '02 and is still in Lifeline packing.

bp
    jak, i think ya oughtta just bring it anyways, just in case. ya just never know if someone might need it.

steelcomp
    One thing that cought me off guard last year was how long you end up sitting in the boat waiting to launch. It was pretty hot last year, and I didn't have any water or anything, and by the time I launched and went to the rope, I wasn't feeling so well. Too hot. For you first timers, make sure you have a way to stay hydrated and shaded if possible during the wait. If it's real hot, bring an umbrella. Am I right guys? I finally figured out that I could sit on the back of my Expedition with the hatch open, in the shade w/ the AC on 'till the last minute. Aaahhh!
    Sounds like there's going to be a big turn out for the RR class, and the wait can be pretty long, with your gear on, sitting in the sun. Don't even want to think of what it's like with a full driver's suit on, or in a capsule.
    steel

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast