Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just got back...

Havasu Hangin'
    Who the hell needs drugs when yer huffin' paint fumes? :supp:

Jbb
    Who the hell needs drugs when yer huffin' paint fumes? :supp:
    Paint fumes.....Its whats for dinner....
    When I started in this business I can vividly remember the "old" timers who thought you were a pussy if you wore a respirator....these were the same guys I would see ...everyday,wash their hands,..up to their elbows,...and then their faces.....with fresh MEK.....
    Whenever someone retires from the company...we have a big BBQ in the retiree's honor......and all the previous retiree's from all the shops are invited back for some good eatin.....Never see any of the paint shop guys come back?.....

DaveA
    Paint fumes.....Its whats for dinner....
    When I started in this business I can vividly remember the "old" timers who thought you were a pussy if you wore a respirator....these were the same guys I would see ...everyday,wash their hands,..up to their elbows,...and then their faces.....with fresh MEK.....
    Whenever someone retires from the company...we have a big BBQ in the retiree's honor......and all the previous retiree's from all the shops are invited back for some good eatin.....Never see any of the paint shop guys come back?.....
    Hmmm. That reminds me. Gotta get that new mask certification done for me & the guys.
    When I was covering and painting airplanes in high school, (the fabric covered kind using butyrate and/or nitrate dope) it was kewl to see how looped and glued up you could get huffing that stuff. Made for some crazy masking for stripes etc. Once I was shooting silver dope onto a Pitts Special I'd covered, and when I realized how silver my snot and spit was, well, I had me an epiphany and I quit dat huffin' and got me a mask. If there had been piss tests back then, I woulda flunked on general principle for stupidity. Was I respected for my change of heart? See reference to 'old timers' above.....
    DaveA

JetBoatRich
    random and twice in one week with over 5,000 employees

Jbb
    I take a toke.....and all my cares....go up in smoke.....

Infomaniac
    The tests were randon at AA also. Never got one, but during management training they explained that there were specific criteria that would increase your chances of getting tapped.
    Returning from vacation, extended time off work, just having been tested etc.
    Must be a points system or something.

Jbb
    The tests were randon at AA also. Never got one, but during management training they explained that there were specific criteria that would increase your chances of getting tapped.
    Returning from vacation, extended time off work, just having been tested etc.
    Must be a points system or something.
    Human element ...training.....?

sorry dog
    I take a toke.....and all my cares....go up in smoke.....
    So I guess this means that you used the urine sample that Brown sent you...hopefully they don't test for poppy seed bran muffins...

Jbb
    So I guess this means that you used the urine sample that Brown sent you...hopefully they don't test for poppy seed bran muffins...
    No....no...I used his last week ...this week I used the one your sister gave me.....Im hoping they dont tell me Im pregnant.......again...
    http://www.thinkthermo.net/pocketche...sample_cup.jpg

sorry dog
    This time why don't you give the adoption agency a chance before you go punching her in the stomach...and shit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast