Thread: Blue Thunder Medium and High Riser FE heads. .

are shipping next weeks. Mediums will be around $1400 a pair bare and Highs will be $1500. These come with as cast heart shaped chambers, ductile iron interlocked seats, manganese bronze guides, 4340 headbolt inserts, and all threaded area are stainless inserts. Price is bare. Flow numbers are 375/270 ported a max lift of .700". The race typ head will be available in Dec.
    Chris

dmontzsta
    are shipping next weeks. Mediums will be around $1400 a pair bare and Highs will be $1500. These come with as cast heart shaped chambers, ductile iron interlocked seats, manganese bronze guides, 4340 headbolt inserts, and all threaded area are stainless inserts. Price is bare. Flow numbers are 375/270 ported a max lift of .700". The race typ head will be available in Dec.
    Chris
    wow, nice! FINALLY!!!
    I will have to wait a bit and see some comparissons and dynos. I hope they are much better than the edels. I am glad they are coming out, I was hoping they would be out by the time I started my build, but they are out early so that will give me time to see some results.
    Thanks for the update.

You don't have to wait, anything AT Francis does has been tested, evaluated, re-evaluated, then built. His castings are the best.
    Chris

dmontzsta
    You don't have to wait, anything AT Francis does has been tested, evaluated, re-evaluated, then built. His castings are the best.
    Chris
    Any sort of comparissons to edelbrocks?
    Also, what is the deal with the race heads? do you have a price range? also details?
    Thanks!

steelcomp
    If you want the latest info on FE cyl head and engine technology talk to Keith Craft. I think he's on the east coast...he's definately the guy to beat when it comes to FE's. He uses Edelbrock castings, does his own CNC porting, and gets 400/300 out of some of them. He's gettiing some serious HP out of his pump gas motors...I was very skeptical, but after talking to him, he's the real deal. The new FE blocks that are available are allowing 500+ FE inches, as well, and good for 1500hp. Pricy, but for the weight savings over a BB Chev or a 385 Ford, it could be seriously worth it.

Keith is good guy, builds some nice engines. As far as comparisons I can't make that call. Both are good companies. I can say this though, I have never had a customer unhappy with a Blue Thunder head. Not one.
    Chris