Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just heard that ILLEGALS may get..

ROZ
    driver's license in Californitzstan!!! Passed the senate AND assembly :lightsabe
    Arnold has to be at the GOP convention, so there's a chance he may not be here to veto it! Bustamante(bustamecha) may sign it in.... WE're screwed!!!

ROZ
    more like were DOOMED!!!

Kilrtoy
    THAT IS BULLSHIT

INXS
    that some s. Cal. hospitals are closeing their emergency rooms do to the large # of illegals comming in for care and not paying?

BigBoyToys
    Ain't gonna happen. Arnold is gonna veto it. Here's the deal;
    "Schwarzenegger to veto immigrant driver's license bill
    By JIM WASSERMAN, Associated Press Writer
    Last Updated 1:00 am PDT Saturday, August 28, 2004
    SACRAMENTO (AP) - In the face of certain veto from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, the state Legislature voted Friday to let an estimated 2 million illegal immigrant adults apply for California driver's licenses.
    Schwarzenegger immediately renewed his pledge to veto the bill, calling it national security issue.
    "The way it was passed it has no distinguishing characteristic and the governor has been consistent, saying the No. 1 issue we have to worry about is national security," said Schwarzenegger spokeswoman Margita Thompson.
    The Senate's bare majority 21-14 vote and a 42-35 vote in the Assembly comes nine months after both voted to repeal a similar law signed by Gov. Gray Davis in the face of polls showing widespread opposition, just weeks before Davis' recall from office last fall.
    Schwarzenegger, who campaigned last year against licenses for illegal immigrants and then pushed lawmakers to repeal the law during his first weeks in office, vowed repeatedly to reject any license legislation that doesn't identify immigrant drivers as different from citizens."

Havasu Hangin'
    driver's license in Californitzstan!
    So are you mad because all your relatives are gonna show up on your doorstep now? :notam:

BigBoyToys
    But, either way, it will eventually get passed, along with Gay Marriages in CA. California has gotten outta hand with all the BS laws. I can name a bunch but everyone will learn sooner or later. Just wait until ya get hurt on the Job and see what the California Workers Comp reform has done.....I am currently in that situation and it comes right down to a royal screwing of the little guy (Injured Worker). When they say $hit rolls downhill, they ain't kidding. If you're ever hurt on the job in CA anymore, expect to end up in Bankruptcy Court, and no retraining anymore (Vocational Rehabilitation is no more). And the Affirmative action crap, BS too! My wife has already been discriminated against because of affirmitive action, where she applied for a job but even though she was more qualified than the other 2 applicants, the company hired the minority just because they had to meet their Affirmitive Action "Quota". (And yes, she was told that from the supervisor of the company)
    It (The laws in CA, old, new, and pending) has gotten so far outta hand that we are leaving the State as soon as we can (Probably in June 2005) and headed for a State that's more "people friendly" with less BS laws and more freedoms and rights for Americans that are actually born here.

cave
    Hope Cali doesn't end up like Tucson AZ. Most Trama centers have gone belly up.
    Only way to stop this is to go after the persons hiring them. Like this will ever happen.
    You cant blame people for wanting a better life. You can take away the rights of these trators that hire them. Take away their wealth, there freedom, there rights to be a US citizen & maybe 5 solid years in Fulsom. Maybe that will work. Unless their a HOTO madicon. They may like the lights out effects
    Has anyone ever asked why the government hasn't gone after the business owners who hire them there in California?
    We have a couple of future senate candidates who are making this part of their political platform. One has my vote!!!
    You all in Cali best learn Spangalish like me. Just to be safe.

wsuwrhr
    Quit shopping at shit stores like WalMart, and try not to buy goods made in foreign countries if something comparable is made in the US.
    Brian
    Hope Cali doesn't end up like Tucson AZ. Most Trama centers have gone belly up.
    Only way to stop this is to go after the persons hiring them. Like this will ever happen.
    You cant blame people for wanting a better life. You can take away the rights of these trators that hire them. Take away their wealth, there freedom, there rights to be a US citizen & maybe 5 solid years in Fulsom. Maybe that will work. Unless their a HOTO madicon. They may like the lights out effects
    Has anyone ever asked why the government hasn't gone after the business owners who hire them there in California?
    We have a couple of future senate candidates who are making this part of their political platform. One has my vote!!!
    You all in Cali best learn Spangalish like me. Just to be safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast