Thread: Double stacked gas tanks?

flattie
    Anyone have a set for sale?

Dave Sammons
    I looked around for a set as well. The few I found were pretty beat up and most people wanted at least 500.00 for a set. My opinion is, buy new ones. That way you won't have to deal with pinhole leaks or cracks in a set of used tanks and they'll need to be re-polished. Chances are you'll be buying them from someone who circle races that traded them out for a fuel cell. Decided to go with a set from IMCO in San Dimas. They'll put the bungs in exactly where you want them and in the size you need. Price was 679.00 plus tax.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1517v4-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...1517v5-med.jpg

flattie
    Do you have a ph # for them? Those look bad ass I need a set

Dave Sammons
    Sorry, I guess I should'a listed that.
    Imco
    1-800-899-8058
    Part# STS-1050
    10 1/2"x32"x24" high
    Ask for Dave
    Note...I had them put the 1/2pipe outlet at 7o'clock(to the rear) on the bottom tank instead of straight out the bottom. You don't lose much in the way of capacity and it makes it easier depending on what is beneath them, like the strut braces. You can get them in a little lower this way. Top bungs are at 1o'clock and are 3/8ths pipe.

ARS Marine inc.east
    Check out the Bridgeport With the Head rocked up 30'
    its always good to see another garage shop
    I will have to post a pic of mine
    Dave what kind of Phase converter did you go with ?
    I Built my own using a Donor motor
    Flattie Check your P.M.

Dave Sammons
    The converter was made by a company out of San Marcos, Ca. called Skyline Products. I've had the thing over 20 years and it's never missed a beat. As far as at home shops go, I've had shops at home and in commercial buildings, I'll take my little one at home anytime! It's a little tight, but, you get used to it. I'm working on 3 restorations right now with no problems. Life is Good! Oh, and good eye on the Bridgeport, my lathe is a 35year old LeBlond. Can't beat good ole American steel!