Thread: Mach 1

Bense468
    Need info on mach 1 hulls? I found a really nice one it has never seen water. IT has a 12jg set back with a ss A, nice billet rail kit, the bottom has been speed coated and the hook has been takin out. I guess according to Tom Label this boat was the last mach 1 ever layed up and they were going to do something with it but never did. Just seeing if you guys know anything about them. Gs mentioned something about a mach 1 in a different post. Which brought my attention to asking about this.

greg shoemaker
    Another boat mfg during the 80's. Jim Kuklish ran a very fast one at the NJBA drags but I remember him being caught for nos.Was'nt as fast as some of the other v bottoms but was very quick, Calif Perf was the v bottom to run and that was what a lot of the guys ran. Mach 1 also had a tunnel and a daycrusier. Greg Shoemaker

Bense468
    Right on thanks greg for the info. It sure looked like a pretty clean boat. I don't think there were that many made. I was thinking about picking it up and seeing if I like it this summer. Just a thought. I will have to go talk to them again. I am just worried about it not being strong enough to run the river. But, it looked pretty decent strength wise. I will go back and double check it.

Aduner2
    Jeff
    Isn't the boat Tom has a tunnel? It's alot like the Southwind Dragster. Mach1 was built in the late 70's in Covina for a while. Can't remenber when they went out of bussiness maybe early 80's. I thought Auto-Marine had the molds and made a few boats.Wildercraft had a very similar boat that is really fast.They are/were made in Pomona.
    Look on the transom for numbers to see when that boat was made, it might be older than you!
    What does Tom want for the boat? Last I knew it was alot more than what's its worth, which is why it is still for sale.
    What does Tom want for the boat?

not guilty
    MACH-1 ? Evidently you guys are talking about a different MACH-1 than I know ! Built in central Ill. in the early - mid 80's mostly ski and sport boats. I own a 1986 MACH-1 2350 CONDOR .

Bense468
    No I am pretty sure it was a V. He had told me a price I don't remember what it was. I remember having a talk with you and he had told me like 2 grand less then it used to be when you checked. I think I could get them down though. He does not want it and is not going to do anything with it. If he wants a lot though it is probably just better to go down to CP and have a gullwing layed up. I think they did own the molds for a while then destroyed them. I remember him telling me that this was the last one layed up.

Bense468
    Is wildercraft still in buisness? I went by where ultra used to be in pomona down on mission I think and if I remember right it was wildercraft boats or something like that? Do you know

Aduner2
    Ross Wilder is/was the owner of Wildercraft. He passed away a few years ago. He is on Pipeline off of Mission Blvd left hand side of the street, half way down. Wildercraft Boats is on the mailbox. He had a couple of boats that really ran good in NJBA.
    As far as Tom's boat, save your money and buy a CP, Eliminator, Edge, or Ultra 19'Shadow (aka Cheyenne?) would my picks for a river racer.

HYDROMOBILE
    Ross Wilder built the Mach 1 , the wildercraft is just a revised version of the mach 1. Jim