Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Di Marco first outing

Jet City
    Well I got the new boat out this weekend, also my first experience driving a flattie. I've still got some set-up issues and a few more repairs before I feel solid about this boat, but holy-$hit is this thing fun to drive! Until I get the feel of it I'm not getting too crazy out there, but we ran it a little over 5200 rpm's, which seemed like plenty for my current comfort level. I was really impressed with the cruising speed, we're going by most boats on the lake running under 3500rpm's (18% gear and 11.25x15 prop), the ride is also much better than everone warned me, I actully feel this rides better in most situations than my semi-v (Southwind splash jet), also pleasantly surprised with the gas consumption, with the lower cruising speed I think my 350hp jet drinks it faster.
    On a side note, its really funny how much attention this thing gets on the way to and from the lake, not too many of these around here, then when people take a closer look, they are shocked to find a turbo 400 trans inside.
    Scott

dmontzsta
    Well I got the new boat out this weekend, also my first experience driving a flattie. I've still got some set-up issues and a few more repairs before I feel solid about this boat, but holy-$hit is this thing fun to drive! Until I get the feel of it I'm not getting too crazy out there, but we ran it a little over 5200 rpm's, which seemed like plenty for my current comfort level. I was really impressed with the cruising speed, we're going by most boats on the lake running under 3500rpm's (18% gear and 11.25x15 prop), the ride is also much better than everone warned me, I actully feel this rides better in most situations than my semi-v (Southwind splash jet), also pleasantly surprised with the gas consumption, with the lower cruising speed I think my 350hp jet drinks it faster.
    On a side note, its really funny how much attention this thing gets on the way to and from the lake, not too many of these around here, then when people take a closer look, they are shocked to find a turbo 400 trans inside.
    Scott
    yes, V Drives definately look better than jets on the trailer as well...something about that big thing sticking out the back that makes people turn their heads. But with a nice cav plate and prop back there it is a eye grabber. Great looking boat, I guarantee you will want more and more power and eventually get rid of that jet.

Sangster
    JCR....So when do we see a Name & Avatar change....Welcome to the REAL World of Boatin'.......

Kindsvater Flat
    Now theres a woman. "Honey go paddle in a circle while I take pictures"..... a few minutes later "Go around the other way I missed the second side shot, no wait back the other way now"
    Glad you had fun......nice boat.

Jet City
    Dmontzsta, I have no use for 2 boats, the Sleek has been an outstanding boat, but I only (still) have it because the DiMarco came before the Sleek went, no fun to be boatless in the summer. I actually bought the DiMarco a little prematurely.
    Sangster, I agree, a new name is in order, I'll have to work on that.
    Kindsvator, you noticed that! I had no 2nd boat there to take moving shots, my wife offered to take the pictures, but I figured she looks better on the boat than I do.

Kindsvator, you noticed that! I had no 2nd boat there to take moving shots, my wife offered to take the pictures, but I figured she looks better on the boat than I do.
    Uncle Tony would argue that!!!!

1st Timer

v-drive
    yes, V Drives definately look better than jets on the trailer as well...something about that big thing sticking out the back that makes people turn their heads. But with a nice cav plate and prop back there it is a eye grabber. Great looking boat, I guarantee you will want more and more power and eventually get rid of that jet.
    Eye Grabber, yeah I think that's right. I can vouch for the feeling of driving a flatty verses a jet, I/O, or even a wacker. There is absolutely nothing like it.
    :coffeycup v-drive

ColeTR1
    Boat looks great

GofastRacer
    Very cool ride!..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast