Thread: Hallett Hydro ID Needed

h2oregon
    Just purchased this boat. Previous owner indicated it was a 1968 Hallett Hydro, possibly raced with Budweiser sponsorship. Deck has been replaced, not sure if original confirguration. Searching for more info. Can anyone out there help determine it's proper ID?
    Thanks!

BAF#276
    It looks like a old Hydroflite boat.
    Not to sure but i dont think hallett boats made them

haulina29
    H2O its a Hallett for sure a good friend had one for years .

haulina29
    Is it for sale ?

DansBlown73Nordic
    Cool looking old Tub.... :mix:

DeltaSigBoater
    To me it looks like the deck of the 21' day cruiser hallett built from '72-'73ish to '76 without the taper in the transom.
    If i had to take a guess I'd say nick barron based the 21' day cruiser off that hull.

h2oregon
    Haulina29, Do you know if your friends boat was originally built for circle race, drag race, or just a ski boat? And yes it is for sale. Thanks for asking.

haulina29
    The boats owner was Bill Simpson from Simpson safety equip , it was yellow with a wood deck and had a small block chevy it had a bench seat up front water cooled exhaust thru the transom etc it was a ski boat with a inboard rudder . I have never seen a Hallett like this at a race but that doesnt mean anything .

CircleJerk
    That's too weird....but weird is Ok for Nostalgia! Somewhere I have a video of the Classic v-drive clubs president driving his and it looked a lot like this. I should have his number but dont. Couldnt afford Hot Boat and the clubs newsletter.....the price was about the same. Jerry G. and Harlan Orrin should know exactly what you have and anything will turn with enough body english! :rollside: