Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: F250 Problem's.....

lewiville
    anyone have a lifted f250. this is my second one and i figure out where the shutter is coming from off the start. is there some kind of secret that you need to do? every time i come off the line there is a shutter that feels like it is coming from the drive line, or is it even the trans, WTF. any ideas

phuggit
    Dan,
    You would probably get more responses to this in the Tow Rig section. My second bit of advice is don't lift your next truck.

Jetdriver
    My second bit of advice is don't lift your next truck.
    BORING! You must be an old man!

LAVEYSABRE575
    take it back to were you had it lifted, they need to lengthen the drive line...no big deal....

Mrs. Restless22
    We have a lifted 04' f250 that does the same thing.
    Not sure where its coming from, but its very annoying!
    Im thinking we will just take it back to where we had lift it? :argue:

phuggit
    JD,
    My last truck was lifted. Nothing but problems. Then the grand finale was the front passenger wheel/rotor coming off on the dry lake bed near Amboy. Not my idea of a fun ride, plus waiting an hour and a half for a tow truck.

djunkie
    I would have the driveline angle checked. If blocks were used to lift the rear you have to make sure you use the angled ones. And after that you still have to check the angle becuase sometimes they're not perfect. May need to shim it or something. Also if the angled ones were use make sure they're not backwards, that would definately cause a vibration.

shadow
    anyone have a lifted f250. this is my second one and i figure out where the shutter is coming from off the start. is there some kind of secret that you need to do? every time i come off the line there is a shutter that feels like it is coming from the drive line, or is it even the trans, WTF. any ideas
    Look at your driveshaft where the two pieces slide together,under the rubber boot.seperate it and use blue teflon grease part #D2az-19590-a ford part.
    pack that slip yoke full of the grease and put it back in.solves alot of vibration,drive shaft concerns.unless you have some big angle problems.

dave186
    does it have lift blocks? it might be spring wrap.

Bryan Rose
    I have an F-350 Dually.... No shutter but go here www.thedieselstop.com
    Mant good members and more info about your truck than you would ever want to know.
    If I remember correctly , what you are experiening is from the slip yoke from tranny or tansfer case not having enough lube .....causes slight binding then a shudder upon take off.
    Bryan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast