Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed on new (old) boat idea

ULTRA28
    I'm thinking about coming out with an inexpensive boat line to offer. There was a guy selling a knock off of our old 21 LX at the show this weekend. I figured out how to do it and be able to sell them for only $32,900 with a Merc 5.0L (220 hp). The boat would only be available a certain way without the ability to even put options other then a couple of choices of engine upgrades. I'm also thinking about coming back out with the old 23 for something like $42,900 set up the same way. These boats wouldn't have billet steps or real trick interiors and they wouldn't have electric hatch lifts or aluminim cup holders. They would be a nice entry level (sort of custom) boat. I was planning on calling it our Classic line
    Here is a shot of the 21 Classic.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...721classic.jpg
    Here is the 23 Classic
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...723classic.jpg

Tom Brown
    I'd really like to drive that 23 classic. :idea:
    Personally, I think it's a great idea to offer a 21' stern drive. 5.7L MPI. Set up for skiing and family fun.
    Both of those boats are beautiful and ought to easily compete against the current crop of production boats.
    I love the crazy baller boats but it would be really cool if a young family could buy an affordable boat without the egocentric bling gagetry that we all love so much.

Outnumbered
    Great idea. Boats are getting out of hand in pricing.

shadow
    Great idea John.I would think that there would be alot of people that would love a "new"entry level but the prices now a days may be beyond thier budget.

WYRD
    Here is the 23 Classic
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...723classic.jpg
    She doesnt look 23 :idea:

abraman1326
    I think it's a great idea. Open up your market share to the younger, just starting out families who are interested in the "boating lifestyle," and can't get into the truely custom lines. Besides, it can also build customer loyalty if they get into a lower line and see the quality of your product. Then, when they are in a position to step up to something, you've already got them familiar w/ the great product you produce. Just me .02...
    BRA

tamalewagon
    Seems like a great way to capture a lot more of the garden variety entry level boaters type.

andy01
    I think it isn't a bad idea at all. You can't loose by trying it. It would give the people that like the more expensive stuff you build a chance to get a "non-bayliner" type of boat with a decent price and payment. Do a basic gel design you pick one of five designs and five colors or somethng. Keep the cost down all the way around. And hell you work out a deal on warrantys so you could just offer them a boat at "X" price and they would be covered for 5 years. I think you should do the 19' in that class also.............
    Andy

JB in so cal
    A 21'-23' for the price ranges you're talking about would be in the range of Sea Rays and Chapparals, but under Cobalt.
    Perfect

LOWRIVER2
    I've seen a LOT of guys buy Chapparrals that would have bought west coast styled boats but were priced out of the market. I say go for it on a limited run, it can't be too cost prohibitive since you already have the molds. I know one guy ready to buy a 21 with a jet if you build it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast