Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying used 26' cat - good deal?

kevinb
    I'm now looking at a used firehawk.
    I'm wondering your guy's opinion on it's value:
    It's a 1998 with a 454 Mag putting out about 450 HP. The Firehawk is of course the 26' boat and it comes with the trailer.
    The price of the boat is $35,000
    A new one is going to be $55,000 to $65,000 depending on motor options.
    Here's a page showing some pics of the boat I'm looking at: http://www.netprofitservices.com/firehawk
    I looked up NADA and the boat booked at $34,000 with no mention of if that included a trailer in the estimate.
    The boat is literally perfect in every way.
    For those of you who know firehawks - is this a good price if the boat is perfect?
    I'm going to test the boat on water the first warm day available - and at that time I'll need to make my decision.
    Does this sound like an ok deal?
    Any advice for what to look at specifically when I test it in a few days?
    PS - not to be a jerk - but if you're all the way across the country, you don't need to send me info about your boat. I want to deal with someone in the midwest. I want to play it safe and buy a boat that I can crawl around in - not look at emailed pics or spend money travelling just to testdrive.
    My posts here have always brought back great input from you guys! I really appreciate it.
    I love this forum!

tim bevans
    Originally posted by kevinb:
    It's a 1998 with a 454 Mag putting out about 450 HP. The Firehawk is of course the 26' boat and it comes with the trailer.
    Here's a page showing some pics of the boat I'm looking at: http://www.netprofitservices.com/firehawk
    I looked up NADA and the boat booked at $34,000 with no mention of if that included a trailer in the estimate.
    For those of you who know firehawks - is this a good price if the boat is perfect?
    I'm going to test the boat on water the first warm day available - and at that time I'll need to make my decision.
    PS - not to be a jerk - but if you're all the way across the country, you don't need to send me info about your boat. I want to deal with someone in the midwest. I want to play it safe and buy a boat that I can crawl around in - not look at emailed pics or spend money travelling just to testdrive.
    My posts here have always brought back great input from you guys! I really appreciate it.
    I love this forum!

tim bevans
    I love this forum!

tim bevans
    I love this forum!

kevinb
    not sure why he's reposting my text - but I guess you only need to read it once or it gets boring.

tim bevans
    I have a 1997 26ft firehawk with procharge 502e efi bravo one 1:50:1 30 pitch fourblade dual-ram steering. the boat has a yellow and purple paint, love the boat run's great. I live in the midwest ,35,000 sounds good if the boat is in great shape good luck.

tim bevans
    I have a 1997 26ft firehawk with procharge 502e efi bravo one 1:50:1 30 pitch fourblade dual-ram steering. the boat has a yellow and purple paint, love the boat run's great. I live in the midwest ,35,000 sounds good if the boat is in great shape good luck.

tim bevans

tim bevans
    kevinb sorry about so many post having trouble with computer

kevinb
    no problem - your info was very helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast