Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Interview

UtlGoa
    Long story short, I retired from Law Enforcement in California after ten years due to a knee injury. I recently moved to Kentucky and have applied for a State Park Ranger position at one of the State Parks.
    I received a call yesterday for my interview. I have no idea what type of interview this is going to be. I know how to handle Law Enforcement interviews, but have no clue on this one.
    When they ask "Why should we hire you over someone else" how do you answer this question? Could someone that has gone through alot, or been apart of interviewing people for jobs help me out here.
    My interview is tomorrow, 04-11-06.
    Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Tom Brown
    Tell them you're smarter than the average bear.

Her454
    Tell them you're smarter than the average bear.
    ROTFLMAO...................thats some funny stuff..............can you imagine the look on their face if he said it in a Yogi voice SLMAO!

UtlGoa
    Pretty sure my interview would be over at that time....lol

Jbb
    Brown told his job that he could suck a tennis ball through a 3 foot garden hose.........Been on the fast track ever since....

Her454
    Pretty sure my interview would be over at that time....lol
    Well then you shouldn't want a job that has no sense of humor after being retired Law Enforcement LOL.

YeLLowBoaT
    I would tell them about your exp in LEO, then tell them how you love to fish, hunt, and how you wish to stop the irresponsable ppl that are destorying the state parks ( were you will work). then some bs about how "you want the parks to be just as wild as when you were a kid"
    All in the yogi bear voice of corse....
    I would think that they woul want some 1 with a LEO back ground, since if you have to confront some 1 doing some thing bad. There is a very good chance they will be armed.

UtlGoa
    I know the Leo experience is a plus, but should I play up the visitor "let me kiss your ass" situation also. Don't get me wrong, I like to deal with the public, but some people are just idiots.

MagicMtnDan
    If you haven't already tried this you should (http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=interviewing)

Tom Brown
    I don't know anything about law enforcement or park rangering. I'm sure you're well qualified to do the job and would be an asset to their cause.
    The thing I look for in an interviewee is a level head. It's important he be reasonable because I'm going to have to work with him every day. If someone explains to me why they're 20 times better than anyone else on the planet, that's a sign that I will want to kick them in the balls after 2 weeks of their ego grooming.
    You seem like a good guy. Why not let them decide if you're the right guy for the job based on your interview presentation. If you're qualified and competent... the rest is up to them.
    Good luck with the interview. I'm sure you will do very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast