Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rattles And Squeaks

Hallett19
    How in God's good name do I get rid of squeaks and rattles in the hatch of my SUV, its a 97 Explorer and its so fricking loud !!! HELP !!! thanks

Cheap Thrills
    The quickest ??
    Trade it in on a Chevy
    C.T. :wink:

spectratoad
    Trade it in. Check your weatherstripping for dirt in between that and the body. Check the alignment of the latch that holds it shut. It may have worked out and not be holding the hatch tightly. there is my .02. :idea:

schlepy
    some gas and a match should fix that ford right up.....

NorCal Gameshow
    The quickest ??
    Trade it in on a Chevy
    My blazer did the same thing.. :hammer2: a little duct tape on the latch took care of it...(one more use for duct tape )

Hallett19
    cheap thrills and shlepy, those are about the not funniest things I have heard in a long time My friend Matt has a 2002 blazer and it rattles and squeaks worse than my 97 Exploder does. I had a 2000 Expedition and that thing was as silent as sitting in a bank vault. I am goign to try tighening anything up that can be tightened and maybe throw some mystery oil or grease at it. Wish me luck !

schlepy
    good luck, i was just kidding about the match thing...
    it would be cooler to push it off of a cliff....

Hallett19
    ha........ha.......
    serious guys, give it up
    The proof is in the number, and they dont lie, Ford out sold you Chevy guys by a few units last year in the truck dept.... over 240,000 to be exact :hammerhea
    Oh, and what ever happened with the camaro and firebird ? Oh yeah, Ford sold 4 times as many mustangs as both those cars combined and GM had to stop making them, almost forgot about that.
    Shut your pie holes !!!

Cheap Thrills
    I never said that Chevys dont squeak or rattle . but if you trade in that ford on a chevy then you wouldnt have to listen to your ford rattle and squeak.
    heres another idea.
    Go tighten your fuggin bolts , add a set of flowmasters and a bitchen audio system and get on with it
    just tryin to help

Hallett19
    I just laughed so loud!!!! you guys are crackin' me up today, I love it !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast