Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Insurance Question

JROCK
    After a friend of mine had a bad accident on the way to the river with his boat and totaled the thing. Freaked me out so now I am going to get some insurance. I own a 1989 Eliminator 21 foot OLDS/berk jet boat. It is worth apx. 10-12k I called an insurance place down in AZ since that is where I store the boat and they want 996$ a year to give me both liability and comp and collision. They only want 236$ without the comp and collision, but I am worried about my boat getting stolen, wrecked or vandalized more than I am worried about wrecking into somebody and getting sued.... Is this a fair amount? 1k a year to inure a boat that is 12k at most seems a bit high to me.......

JROCK
    OK so the company was FOS the first time around and said they quoted my the lowest rate... Turns out the 996 rate was from progressive... They called me back and found a rate from safeco of 456$ for the same coverage. Not the 300 bucks I thought it would be a year, but not bad for a 12,000$ toy that I could potentially be sued over either.....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    What all do they cover? I am thinking of insuring both of my boats and my new jetski. Do they cover boats with ott's? Will they cover it if it is stolen? What about old classic jets? How much will they pay if it is stolen?

moneysucker
    Good luck if you have a tunnel, OT headers and or A lot of HP and High top speed. The only ones who will insure me when I tell the truth is Loyds of London. Just under $5000 a year. I have to go bankrupt if I hit anyone. It is too bad I can't get insurance.

1978 Rogers
    State Farms is who our house, autos and life insurance is through. When I bought our Rogers they wouldn't touch it. They referred me to there underwriter. We have liability only. I had to show them the boat so they could take pictures. It's about $300 something for 6 months. I don't insure it during the winter. While towing its covered under my car in case something happens.

jimthetoolman
    I have a 18 foot bubble deck jet with a 427 bassett headers 2 750 double pumpers carbs with tunnel ram. I have full coverage with a $6000.00 replacement if stolen and $2000.00 for the trailer for $495 a year. The company is called foremost. Also 500.00 towing on water if I break down. $10,000 medical and $500.00 deductable

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hook up his name. Im on that deal

jimthetoolman
    I am at work now. When I get home I will give you guys the phone number. The other companies would not insure it because of the age, the h/p and the headers.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
    Here we go again!! It seems like every month or so a thread like this gets posted where someone says, "I got x coverage for X money". How come when I call the insurance agent they say no way? It happens everytime. They flat out will not insure our boat for any price. (with the exception of Lloyds of London). But that's cool - I'll try again :rollside:

Brooski
    I have full coverage for my 79 Silverado, $5000 for the boat, $1000 for the trailer, thru AAA for $225 a year. BUT, I have everything else insured thru them, for the last 20 years, and I had to sign a waiver that the boat is not primarily used on the river. My southwind that I just bought, they will only do liability, for $120 a year, same restrictions. From what I have gathered from them, if I have a claim on the river, they will probably pay it with a fight, but then I would be cancelled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast