Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a radar speeding ticket, any way to

throwerb
    Beat it. I was going north on 395 20mi before Independance, CHP was going south and said she had me going 85 and I couldn't have been going more than 84, and was not towing. Anyone ever beat one of these, haven't had a ticket in 10 years.

Boozer
    Beat it. I was going north on 395 20mi before Independance, CHP was going south and said she had me going 85 and I couldn't have been going more than 84, and was not towing. Anyone ever beat one of these, haven't had a ticket in 10 years.
    Take it to court. Call the police department everyday and figure out the cops schedule. Reschedule court for the cops day off. 95% chance he wont show up. He doesnt show up to court and the ticket gets dropped.

ratso
    I just paid one. Hadn't had a ticket in 2 years. I'm taking defensive driving...

Dr. Eagle
    Bottom line, I think your DOOOOOOOOOOMED!
    I got one from a CHP on special enforcement duty (two officers in the car) for going 79 (real speed 85) in a 55 zone. Ended up copping a plea for traffic school... and never went.

Kilrtoy
    Bottom line, I think your DOOOOOOOOOOMED!
    I got one from a CHP on special enforcement duty (two officers in the car) for going 79 (real speed 85) in a 55 zone. Ended up copping a plea for traffic school... and never went.
    YOU'REDOOMED
    EASY, SLOW DOWN AND YOU WILL NEVER GET ONE

Jordy
    If you haven't had one in 10 years, I'd say go to school.
    84 is 84 and I know that's not the speed limit anywhere. You could take your chances with the smokescreens, trying to create doubt, question the accuracy of the radar, hope the officer doesn't show up, but they know these tricks and you're banking on a rather small percent of a sucess rate. Plus if you lose you don't get the option for traffic school.
    Just my $.02. I have had my fair share of tickets and have won twice as many as I lost so I figure it's about time for it all to catch up to me. Going to play Joe Law Abiding Citizen for a while.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Take it to court. Call the police department everyday and figure out the cops schedule. Reschedule court for the cops day off. 95% chance he wont show up. He doesnt show up to court and the ticket gets dropped.
    I don't know about that. If it is their day off they get OT for going to court. Easy money.

NOTALENT
    I did it one way..It's called A Trail De Novo...I think thats it..It's complicated..but if you are good at writing..and you are truly innocent or u think you can convince a judge...try it..it will delay the fee..and if you do lose this way you still have the oppurtunity to take it to court..this is the only way possible to get two try's to win a ticket. Its a lot to explain so type it in a search engine..and you will see what I am saying..Not many people know of it.

AzDon
    There are ways to beat speeding tickets enforced with radar in Cal..... Unfortunately, none of them work on "over maximum speed" tickets.
    Were there others speeding ahead of or around you? If you were the first or only one there, I doubt the case is winnable.
    If you intend to drive like that very much, I suggest you get a Passport 8500 microwave indicator. It identifies K and KA bands at about two miles over bumpy, twisted terrain and as much as six miles in the desert. It works so good that you will believe that it "falsed" before you see the patrol car the first few times you use it! Radar detectors are completely legal in automobiles. The downside is the price ($300) but I suspect that one ticket will cost that much when your new insurance rates are factored!
    Four other words you might consider if you have a case: trial by written declaration...... cop is asked to submit a case in writing and some won't!
    Judge has to consider the merits of your written case in it's entirety because you are not there for him to interrupt and obfuscate.......Cleverly written, it can express the alternate vibe of expressing limited guilty-ness and rationalize a lower fine or express interest in traffic school. I beat a $1000 parking ticket by written declaration by explaining that the cop mispercieved my non-presence near the trailer AND that he wrote a section that applied to residential districts..... not where he wrote the ticket!

Kilrtoy
    Ok so what you are saying is do a written trial by declaration and if you lose go to court in person. Now they(COPS) have your words in writing to use against you at your trial.....NICE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast