Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats In Parkers Water?

DAWNS HTM
    I Have A Mobile On The Parker Strip. For The Past Two Summers Every Time We Go My Two Sons 5 & 7 Years Old Get A Rash, The More Days We Are There The Worse The Rash Becomes.(the Rash Is Red Bumpy And Itchy Looks Like The Skin Starts To Peel And Crack) They Get The Rash On The Inner Thighs, The Back Of The Legs Behind The Knees,the Stomach, The Inner Arms Opposite Of The Elbows, The Face Chapped So Bad They Can Hardley Open There Mouth. I Have Been To The Dr's Several Times As Soon As We Get Back, So They Can See What It Looks Like. I Have Been Through Every Kind Of Rash Cream. I Know It Is The Parker River Water Because I Have Been Taking My Kids To Havasu, Laughlin, Avi & Local Lakes Since They Were 6 Weeks Old And Never Had This Problem! I Only Know Of One Other Kid That Gets This And He Is 9yrs Old? Just Looking For Some Answers, Your Help Will Be Appreciated In A Big Way!!!! Thanks Dawn

Beautiful Noise
    I've never heard of anything like this we been going to Parker for over 30 years,Never heard of anybody getting a rash from the water in the area

Boatcop
    It's the same water, only further downstream.
    Check the area where you stay, or things in and around your mobile for things he may be allergic to.

DAWNS HTM
    It Is Only When They Go In The Water? I Went To Havasu One Day For A Couple Of Hours Nothing, Later That Day I Took Them To Parker Let Them Swim For A Couple Hours Took Them Up To The House They Already Started Getting Red And Bumpy. We Are Up Closer To The Dam(sunshine Resort) The Other Kid Is Down By Echo! I Am In Process Of Getting The Water Tested At This Time But They Said It Would Take Several Weeks! I Have Tried Everything From Laundry Detergent To Lotions, Rash Creams, Alergy Meds? I Have Talk To People Who Work At The Dam They Said They Put Lots Of Chlorine In The Water? My Kids Swim In Lots Of Pools With Chlorine And They Don't Get The Rash?

WUTWZAT
    Your not down stream of Beautiful Noise and myself are you?
    Sorry, I'll quit peeing in the river
    I don't know, I've never had any problems myself there. And I am real sensitive to most things.
    Jason :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

shadow
    DAWNS HTM,was that your boat tied up by sunshine this past weekend?
    I see that HTM there quite a bit.Anyways never heard of anything like that rash from the river water.Does sunshine have a water pumping station to the park?If so maybe something from the pipes and fitration system? we are about 1 mile down river same side and never heard of any problems.lived in the park for about a year while building our house used the water everyday.

Havasu Luvr
    DAWNS HTM
    Contact Beer Hunter in LVHB's forum. He was stating a simular problem out of Streamboat Cove, maybe he has answers to his rash

riverliver
    I think it is all the recycled coor's in the water.

shadow
    I think it is all the recycled coor's in the water.
    Scott, will you be doing any recycling this weekend. :wink:

surfer2001
    i was in shock when i read your message!! my granddaughter went to the doctor early this week and her pediatrician said every summer he gets a slew of kids with this exact rash. he recommended SELSON BLUE (ya the dandruff shampoo) for the rash, only apply on the infected area.(he recommended applying it in a shallow bath and let sit for about 3 minutes and then wash off completely. he said due to the amount of water that they swallow and absorb through their pours it causes some type of fungis infection. hope your boys clear right up, my granddaughter sure did! one BIG difference is it never got to the extremely dry stage and cracked off....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast