Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Charging Battery Question

phebus
    How about the back of the rear seat in the engine compartment? If not the transom, it is thick so you shouldn't have to worry about running a screw through. I would also think that if you could mount it under a rear seat, it would make it real easy to plug in without having to lift the engine compartment.
    You also stated that you run your Perko on all, but will be charging on either 1 or 2, so mounting it next to your Perko would work good also. You could mount the charging leads to the 1 and 2 lugs on the Perko rather than to the batteries.

SHOCKWAVETOM
    How about the back of the rear seat in the engine compartment? If not the transom, it is thick so you shouldn't have to worry about running a screw through. I would also think that if you could mount it under a rear seat, it would make it real easy to plug in without having to lift the engine compartment.
    You also stated that you run your Perko on all, but will be charging on either 1 or 2, so mounting it next to your Perko would work good also. You could mount the charging leads to the 1 and 2 lugs on the Perko rather than to the batteries.
    Good ideas. I think I am going to look at putting next to the Perko under the rear seat. Hooking it up to that will also help clean up the engine compartment a bit. Thanks for the help/advice.

phebus
    With your Perko mounted under your rear seat, you couldn't ask for a cleaner way to hook it up!! Mount the charger, and run the leads straight to your Perko, and you don't have to access the engine compartment for anything other than a good ground. Should be very clean. I have heard good things about those Dual Pro chargers. Ask Gramps, he knows quite a bit about them.

SHOCKWAVETOM
    My charger went out this weekend so I called the manufacture. They will send me a replacement charger and I just need to return the defective one. Great service provided to me and I appreciate it

phebus
    My charger went out this weekend so I called the manufacture. They will send me a replacement charger and I just need to return the defective one. Great service provided to me and I appreciate it
    I've now got the same charger. It's nice to hear of the great customer service. What happened, did it just die?

SHOCKWAVETOM
    I've now got the same charger. It's nice to hear of the great customer service. What happened, did it just die?
    Yep...just totally quit. I thought maybe it was the power at the dock. Took it home and the same thing. I am glad they are getting me taken care of No hassels, no third degree...just said they would send a new one and to return the old one. They had my name and address immediately available for shipping.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456