Thread: Never Forget

Budget Baller

ratso
    I've seen that...Awesome.

JetBoatRich
    It is a few short days away and we will never for get.
    Great video to remind us

Debbolas
    Our school had a ceremony last year to remember.
    I hope we do again this year.
    Such a traggic loss.
    Because I live in the subburbs......The eeriest thing was no airplanes in the sky.

JetBoatRich
    I am sure we will see a thread about it, but where were you
    I was out of town on a business trip in Phili, we ended up driving the rental car home. We started a training class that Tuesday morning, it was interrupted by someone telling us of a plane accident. The instructor kept the class going, she came in again. He took a break so we could turn on the news. The class went on all week. It was tough being far away from our families with everything going on.
    36 hours non-stop, me and one another guy switched driving everytime we stopped for gas.

Debbolas
    I was working at the Junior High. So I was home that morning. Watched it ALL on TV and all I could think of was getting my kids home from school and how it would effect the kids at the junior high. Everyone pulled together, the kids were really shook up.
    That is why the "no airplanes" sticks in my mind. You don't really notice them before, but when there are no airplanes, it's just eerie. It was a relief when they started flying again.

BarryMac
    I just got out of the shower and my wife had the news on, she says, a plane just flew into one of the twin towers, as soon as I get around to look at the TV the second plane struck the second tower, I was shocked, her and I just looked at each other, I went on to work but couldn't concentrate, we ended up looking at the internet and the televisions around the facility pretty much all day. Our plant backs up to Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, we hear jets fly in and out all day long, it was very eary to not hear anything coming or going...
    God Bless our Troops, Police and Fire, they are the real heroes...
    gjb

Wet Dream
    That was an awesome piece! Nobody will forget where they were, what they were doing, or how they felt on the morning of September 11th. It is one of those memories that will be burned into your memory for the rest of your life. Similar to those who remember Kennedy getting shot, Pearl Harbor, or the Space Shuttle catastrophies.

Mrs. casean
    I never saw that before... extremely touching! Takes you back to that morning w/ the same glazed over face. I will never forget