Thread: Jet cable routing?

bigerich
    OK, here is the deal, we put a Place Diverter on the boat right after we got it two years ago. I never drove the boat before the Diverter went on. The issue is that the reverse bucket cable hangs up and creates a bit of resistence where turning right, left is just fine. My question is, how could I change the routing of the reverse cable, which you can see is now broken, and must be replaced, to stop that resistence? Or is there a better method all together????? The bracket that held the cable before the Diverter installation will no longer work, as it won't allow the cable full range of motion. Thanks in advance for the help!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...010003-med.JPG

Duane HTP
    Changing to the top mounted steering solves the problem. It's not real cheap, but it sure works better. It stops all of the linkage drag in the water too.
    http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/taylor2.jpg

Taylorman
    I changed mine over to this this summer and it works great. Bought all the parts from Dwayne and its set up just like that picture.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P_3622-med.JPG

bigerich
    By looking at those pictures, it looks like that would surely solve the problem. But it looks like a lot would have to change?? Is it something that could be done pretty easily, cost aside? Looks like both of those are steering from the left side, while mine steers from the right, is that easy to change? Also, with the swim step I have, not sure how the cable loop would work? Any feedback?

NAMarine
    Those reverse cables are looped pretty high and you can lower them down alot and not bind them at all. To switch steering cable from right to left depending on steering box behind the dash you can just remove the cable from the hole it is in now and move it to the other hole on the opposite side and feed it back in.

dave186
    duane, is that an american turbine trim?

bigerich
    Bump, Duane, I sent you a PM.

Duane HTP
    Yes, that is an ATJ trim in the picture. Changing the steering from left to right is no problem. We sell a lot of these kits. They let you use the more normal type diverters; a JC of JG Place diverter, Aggressor, Berkeley or ATJ.

Mohavekid
    I had a similar problem on my "e" pump whe I put on the diverter.
    I just moved the cable from the outside of the mount to the inside and it solved my problem.
    Good luck.