Thread: How Dumb Are Some People? This Dumb (Truth is Stranger Than Fiction)

MagicMtnDan
    PHILADELPHIA - At first glance it looked like the real thing, so store clerk Kathryn Miller was happy to accept the $200 bill as payment — and even make change.
    The bill did carry a picture of President Bush, but he is not one of the presidents who appear on U.S. currency. And in any case, there is no such thing as a $200 bill.
    That did not stop Miller, who works at Fashion Bug, a womenÂ’s clothing store in Greensburg, Pa., from taking the bill in payment for an item costing $99.
    She also gave change to Deborah Trautwine, a resident of nearby Jeanette, said Jeanne Martin, a spokeswoman for the state police in Greensburg.
    “Anyone with any bit of knowledge should have recognized that it wasn’t the real thing,” Martin said.
    Trautwine, who was located by police on the basis of information from the clothing store, was charged Wednesday with forgery, theft by deception and receiving stolen property.
    The bill was probably a joke rather than a forgery, said Martin. “It was some sort of gag money,” she said.
    She didnÂ’t know whether Miller still works at Fashion Bug.
    Perhaps Miller shouldn't feel too bad, since, as they say, misery loves company.
    Police in Kentucky are looking for a customer who succeeded in paying for a $2 order at a fast-food restaurant with another phony $200 bill. Authorities say the cashier at a Dairy Queen in Danville gave the culprit $198 in real money as change.
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co..._5p.hlarge.jpg

Misogynist
    There was another ding-dong woman that took a rediculous bill in at a wal-mart... I think it was a $500.00 dollar bill... she called the manager over to make change... the manager called the police and they arrested the dummy trying to pass the money... she claimed " My husband got it at the bank this morning".... all parties hailed from W.Virginia........ :hammerhea

JetBoatRich
    People who handle money for your company should know the difference between real and fake money :hammer2: at least a fake $200 bill

RiverOtter
    Whew!!! Glad that one was up north