Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help me identify this thing ?!?!

glassdave
    you guys got a pretty good forum site here.i just stumbled onto it about a week ago, been getin alot of good info from this place. any way heres my dilemma.i found this boat in the back of a local marina and struck a pretty good deal on it,the problem i ran into is that they have had the boat for a long time and nobody seems to remember what kind of boat it is,and they have about 1500 titles filed alphabetically.the boat is in pretty good shape 100% original gel and driveline. all stripes are in the gel ,the large one is
    woodgrain.the interior is the only thing that has benn changed .the transom's gel is untouched but it has no embossed number, i've been dealin with fiberglass and gel for a long time and i have looked a this transome thoroughly, it has not been altered.i have not found any markings of any kind anywhere on the boat.for some reason i was under the impression it was a 23.5 foot hawaiian daycruiser,but that was just a guess.any info or generally silly coments would be greatly aprecieated.by the way anybody got any tips on converting a volvo280 to a jet, this thing does NOT play well with an outdrive.thanks people. (hopefully i loaded the picture right)
    http://www.pixhost.com/pixg/glassdave/myhawaiian.jpg
    [This message has been edited by glassdave (edited October 04, 2001).]

beached1
    I have a buddy that has that hull. I belive it's a Sleekcraft if I remember right. His is a Jet, but other than that, same hull. Like just about everything else though, it was probably splashed by several MFG's.

It's not an Hawaiian. My guess would also have been a Sleek.
    Some guys also put #s on the deck, inside the boat, covered by the upholstery.

flat broke
    Congrats on the purchase. I agree with the previous post that the hull was probably splashed a bit here and there. I belive there is a guy on the forum that runs a Mirage that looks similar to that(maybe you could do a search for his posts for pics). Then again it also looks like a big Sleekcraft Executive that has been sitting around in an area of Torrance for years.
    A word of warning about a jet in a boat that long and deep. Don't expect to go fast. If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with the volvo setup? I know this is a jet forum, and I only own jets, but in a boat of that style, that size, you would be better suited with some good power and an I/O if you want to have some top end. Back to the jet thing, since you will be cutting the hull for an intake, talk to a couple of pro's before settling on a intake location. If your gonna cut, might as well cut in the best spot possible.
    Good luck and welcome,
    Chris

flat broke
    Old Rigger,
    Glad to see you around. I hope all is well as we can always use your insight!
    Chris

dankirk
    That's my boat! Only mine has a Panther jet. According to the speedo it goes between 50-60 mph depending on the load. You can check out my boat here:
    http://home.socal.rr.com/kirkpatrickcove/
    Mine is a 1977 23' Mirage. I think Omega still has the molds and may still produce this boat. Check out this page for an Omega:
    http://www.iboats.com/boatsforsale/u...--omega--82877
    I had to do a major rebuild of mine, including all new stringers and floor. I felt it was worth it to me because the boat has alot of sentimental value, and I really like the style of the boat.
    I asked about the boat in an earlier thread and got some interesting information. Mikey seemed to know alot about the origins of the boat. You can find the thread here:
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000617.html
    Congratulations on your purchase, I hope it brings as much fun into your life as mine has.
    [This message has been edited by dankirk (edited October 04, 2001).]

Slick
    Congrats. My guess, too, would be a Sleekcraft Executive. Don't know much on the installation side, but if you're thinking of putting a jet in, you might want to look into a setback configuration. Might not be worth the $$ to convert to a big block. You'll need the extra torque to push that big b@stard through the water.
    Slick

rivercrazy
    I also think its a sleekcraft. It will be a dog with a jet. Its too heavy. Stay with the O/D

glassdave
    holy cow ,you guys are on the ball.dankirks boat is virtually the same ,looks pretty cool in white.i think i may take the advice and stick with the outdrive.the engine is only a 260 volvo,probably why boat is such a slug
    (40-45 mph). so i'll hafta throw some money in that direction.hey if i end up keepin the outdrive can i still ask you guys questions.
    it'll just be our little secret. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif.i had been after this boat for about a year before i got it,i've only had it out a couple of times and it shure seems to turn a few heads. thanks

Havasu Hangin'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast