Thread: 2004 496 HO/Bravo X Value?

teeitup
    I am going to take out my 2004 496 HO complete and ready to drop in and Bravo X drive that have about 45 hours on them and go with some big horsepower. I would like to get some opinions on what price I should ask for them as a package or individually.

Stealth Marine
    I am going to take out my 2004 496 HO complete and ready to drop in and Bravo X drive that have about 45 hours on them and go with some big horsepower. I would like to get some opinions on what price I should ask for them as a package or individually.
    How far into the warrenty period are you?
    ie, whats left?

teeitup
    How far into the warrenty period are you?
    ie, whats left?
    Warrantee expires June 2005

dr. margarita
    You should be able to get 14 to 15K tops.

Stealth Marine
    You should be able to get 14 to 15K tops.
    I would have to agree.
    If you were able to get $15K from this you would be doing pretty well.
    If I was going to buy a used engine/drive from someone I would probably be looking for something in the $12K-$13K range. But then on a used HO everyone is going to want a deal.

Stealth Marine
    Just a thought.
    If you can't get what you want out of this engine value wise, have you considered keeping it and putting a whipple on it?
    That would certainly give you loads of power, and you won't have to take any loss on value...

teeitup
    Just a thought.
    If you can't get what you want out of this engine value wise, have you considered keeping it and putting a whipple on it?
    That would certainly give you loads of power, and you won't have to take any loss on value...
    I thought about it, but after some investigation I learned that the pistons would be a problem. I think selling my stuff and getting new power and drive is the way to go.
    Thanks for you suggestion however

Stealth Marine
    I thought about it, but after some investigation I learned that the pistons would be a problem. I think selling my stuff and getting new power and drive is the way to go.
    Thanks for you suggestion however
    Just a quick "For what its worth..."
    Whipple has sold about 300 of their 496Mag Supercharger kits.
    Of those about 270 have gone on the 496Mag HO versions.
    Typical engine life on a new 496Mag HO is 400-500 hours with the charger installed. If the pistons were a real issue, the engines would not be lasting nearly that long...

TPI
    Teeitup,
    What motors are you considering? If I have an EFI motor in my line that interests you, please let me know. www.TPBOATS.com
    also, Please let me know when you put your motor up for sale, as I might have a customer in the market for a good used 496 HO.
    Thanks
    Gary