Thread: Basic 468 Hp ?

Shark In The Pond
    Been following the 500 hp thread and was wondering about the amount of Hp mine is putting out I'm guessing 425 ? I have the desk top dyno but what I come up with is wacked ! Balanced BBC 10-1 468 forged piston, stock crank and rods, stealth intake , 850 dp ( built by TPC ) all msd , TT headers, roller rockers, SS valves ( heads are pretty much stock just total rebuild on them ) anyone have a ideal on amount of Hp ?

Shark In The Pond
    Been following the 500 hp thread and was wondering about the amount of Hp mine is putting out I'm guessing 425 ? I have the desk top dyno but what I come up with is wacked ! Balanced BBC 10-1 468 forged piston, stock crank and rods, stealth intake , 850 dp ( built by TPC ) all msd , TT headers, roller rockers, SS valves ( heads are pretty much stock just total rebuild on them ) anyone have a ideal on amount of Hp ?
    Forgot the cam Lunati # 30207 .572 lift at 110

malcolm
    What RPM and impeller are you running?

77charger
    I would think that any good hop ups cam,carb,intake ,headers,should at least get you 1 hp per cubic inch.4-500 hp is pretty easy to get out of a big block.now addd some serious compression and ported heads the increase will be better

Shark In The Pond
    What RPM and impeller are you running?
    about 5200 with a B

LVjetboy
    Well then, if it's a Berkeley B maybe 380 hp? "Maybe" assumes your tach is accurate, your impeller and pump's in good shape and you're interested in lake power not corrected power. A lot of assumptions.
    If instead you want corrected power, then figure your DA at the lake and adjust the curves up for hp braggin' rights.
    jer