Thread: Performance Jet

Mohavekid
    I'm looking to add a loader and extended rideplate to my Berkeley 'E' pump.
    Has anybody used Performance Jet in Sebastapol, CA? Any feedback, good, bad or indifferent is appreciated.
    Thanks

Squirtin Thunder
    Jim Coffey is a great guy and will help in any way he can. He is also tied with Jack at MPD, so you are totally safe.
    Jim

jstwkd
    he did my my pump great guy!!!...easy to work with...I do have one of his loaders but havent used it yet....did a stage 4 if I remember right...and set uo the pump in the boat with the ride plate.....great guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Cas
    He is also tied with Jack at MPD, so you are totally safe.
    Jim
    Huh?
    Jim is a great guy, does real good work at a fair price and is available to answer any questions. I was over at his shop not too long ago to BS a bit, talk about busy! Still took a few minutes to go over some things with me.
    He also joined us at TP3 for a little fun in the sun, I think it was a much needed R&R weekend for he and his wife....too bad he missed it this year.
    My only complaint about him is he needs to relax a bit more.....you reading this Jim?

mgar_red
    I'm looking to add a loader and extended rideplate to my Berkeley 'E' pump.
    Has anybody used Performance Jet in Sebastapol, CA? Any feedback, good, bad or indifferent is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Very helpful and courteous. I originally got with him about a t-stat kit for my BBF, but ended up having him guide me through a pump repair after finding mine in really bad shape. He even made it a point to contact me by phone to get my approval on some numbers before shipping the parts to me.
    If you do go with one of his White Lightnings I'd really like to hear what you find. I'm thinking about upgrading to one of those on my 'E' pump as well.

HotDogz
    Jim does good pump work, is friendly and available but he destroyed my heads by trying to mill down my rocker pedestals to accomodate my pushrods as opposed to ordering custom length rods. (Jim took it upon himself to mill those down trying to save me money) Heads detroyed themselves in less than an hour. Valves were destroyed, guides were ovaled, and springs had (5) shims under 'em to get the right height. Jim also did a level II build on my pump (which I am happy with) but he scratched the hell out of my boat when re-installing the pump and then rattle canned the scratches. I was not very happy about that. My paint job sucks, but it doesnt need any help that way. I run one of loaders "white lightning" and it seems to work well.
    I would only let him work on my pump. Just my .2 cents and experience.

Mohavekid
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm looking for parts and advice only, I'll be doing the work myself.
    Thanks for the replies.