Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Points

CARRERA
    What does everyone think. Should there be check points out on the water, just like we see out on city streets?

ratso
    ...no :jawdrop:

Personally, I think it's unlawful detention. I guess if enough people scream, the government will take away any freedom in the name of safety.

FRENCHIE
    no...only where you get on or off the water is cool by me!!!

ratso
    I honestly believe that is why traffic has dropped off on some of the lakes...too much policing. I honestly feel there should be probable cause to be pulled over, whether it is in a car or in a boat. Here on our local lake the beaches have always sucked. Now they have put in 3 nice ones. One you can't pull a boat up to. Another one is fine but attracts some really low-class people. The last one right now is only accessible by boat until all the awnings for the campers are complete. We pull up on that one and hang out in the water, but a couple of the prick park rangers will come tell you to leave because the park is still closed. Last time, after arguing with him a couple times in the past, I told him we are not using the park...we are anchored off and in the water...not in the park. He told us we still had to leave and I told him to F### off and go after some back up because he is going to need it. He comes back with my cousin who signed up for park patrol...who proceeded to tell this idiot that he is doing park patrol and we aren't in the park...we are in the water!!! Anyway, All I'm saying is too many of these EFFERS just want to push their weight around and look for reasons to try and ruin you having a good time...and apparently they are succeeding at it...

JetBoatRich
    Saves one life, they did their job

MRS FLYIN VEE
    I would have to say Yes.. if it will save 1 life it is worth it. :wink:

GlastronGuy
    No to check points.
    Just enforce the laws. If they weren't manning check points maybe they could be stopping boats and jet skis blasting by 75 feet from the beach.

clownpuncher
    I was kinda on the fence on this one.
    On one hand, I feel leave us alone unless we do something wrong. No one likes being, for lack of a better word, harrased for no reason.
    On the other hand, and prevailing hand, I say that often times it's already too late when we've done something wrong. My belief is the popo are doing "preventative policing". Get the unsafe boaters before they hurt someone. Is it an inconvenience to go through that crap? Yes. I've been through many check-points here in Palm Springs. It might have delayed my progress maybe 3-5 minutes. On the water I'm sure it'll be a little longer, but, dang man we're at the river. What's the hurry?
    I'll bet a paycheck that those that voted no would wish there was a checkpoint in the tragic event that they were the victim of a drunk boater.
    I vote "yes"

ahhell
    yes and no...if im at the sandbar or in the channel, i like to have a beer or four. legally im intoxicated if i fess up to what ive consumed, realistically, i can put down 4-6 beers and barely notice it,. esp. at the river in the sun and water. the fool that just pounded 12+ and can barely walk...save us. guess im fence sitting

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast